Monday, January 19, 2015

Revlon Wild

Hello my pretties!!  If you are in the USA, I hope you had a great Martin Lurther King Jr Day.  I unfortunately didn't get the day off from work, but it's still one of my life's highlights to share a birthday with one of history's greatest!

I have another new shade from Revlon to share with you today, let's get to it!
Revlon Wild
In the bottle, Revlon Wild is a frosty green with a gray shift and pink/green shifting glass flecks.  On the nail, the gray shift is lost and the frost maximized, with the flecks flashing mostly green.  Have a closer look:
You are looking at three coats, no topcoat.
I had very high hopes for this shade, and I was painfully underwhelmed by the finished look.   I added a coat of Revlon Pink Glaze to make it more like the image in my head and I was relatively ok with the finished look at that point, I guess there is a reason they were released together. -.-
What do you guys think about this polish?   Am I a polish cry-baby?

Until next time!
-Yadi

6 comments:

  1. very interesting shade :)
    Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I wasn't thrilled with the shade but I had high hopes for it, lol. Happy Monday! <3

      Delete
  2. It looks well but it would look better if this nail polish didn't leave visible brushstrokes. I like the colour though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it was hard to see the pretty effects of the flecks with all those frosty strokes!!! Thank you for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  3. Aww man! No you're not a cry baby cuz I bought it for the same reasons you did. Haven't worn it yet but am sad it ain't gonna look like I expected. I wonder if putting it over a cream in a similar green will help it to look like it does in the bottle? I guess I'll have to play with it to find out. Thanks for sharing this! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessika! <3 Thank you, I wish I had thought about that, I have a significant number of similar greens too, hehe. Next time!

      Delete