Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sinful Colors Copper Pot

Hello my pretties!  How is the weather on your neck of the woods?  I don't even know how to answer this question for myself.  Here, it is just cray-cray (borrowed term from my five-year-old, by the way!) and all over the place: yesterday was super sunny and hot, and today is cold and rainy.  In Mexico there is a weather saying: February is crazy and March is a little more (febrero loco y marzo otro poco) and it is so true here in the California central valley right meow!

I have a new shade from Sinful Colors to share with you today, and it's called Copper Pot.  Check it out!
Sinful Colors Copper Pot
Copper Pot is a frosty copper with gold shimmer.  At first I was a little confused that this shade came out just when all the spring colors are popping up, because I felt that it would be more appropriate for fall season.  Chuckles brought up the fact, though, that it is probably a reference to the copper pot with gold inside at the end of a rainbow, and it is probably part of the St Patty's theme, which makes more sense.  Have a closer look:
 I am wearing three coats for today's pictures, no topcoat.
 The application for Copper Pot was not trickier than any other frost, perhaps even slightly more pleasant but definitely not something to write home about.  There were the inevitable brush strokes and bubbles.  I added a third coat in an attempt to even out the brush strokes a bit, but it was opaque after two. 
I purchased Copper Pot at Walgreens for $1.99, and it was part of the new humongous displays that are popping up there.  I have not spotted this shade in any other stores, but I am not certain it is a Walgreens exclusive.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday, I am off now to watch some Modern Family and gobble up the tortas my Polish-Filipino husband (Mr Chuckles) made for dinner, I'll let you know how they turned out!

Until next time!
-Yadi

10 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I picked this up recently and fell in love with it as soon as I started painting with it. The formula is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think it's my favorite copper tone at this point!

      Delete
  2. Hey! I picked this up recently and was just elated to have found new SC's that I'd never seen before and even a re-release that I didn't get the first time around. I'd gotten this, the Flower Power trio, Rose Dust, Navy I Do and Sail La Vie. 'twas like Christmas:). Gracias for sharing girlfriend XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessika! Christmas in March, yes please! I know the exact feeling with finding a SC shade I don't own, I always feel that I MUST OWN ALL THE SINFULS! because they are only $2 ... I guess that is how they get us hooked :)

      Delete
  3. I just spotted it at Target yesterday in an endcap display along with Cinderella, Green Ocean and a few other colors. I debated getting it and after seeing this I'm definitely going to have to go back and grab it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, I think the only potential draw-back is if you are bothered by brush-strokes, because it is a frost... otherwise I think you do need to grab it, it's really pretty!

      Delete
  4. Bought it today for 99 cents at kmart along with a bag full of other clearance polish. It was the 1st polish in the bunch to get on my nails, and I'm loving it. So pretty, it will definitely be a go to color this fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bought it today for 99 cents at kmart along with a bag full of other clearance polish. It was the 1st polish in the bunch to get on my nails, and I'm loving it. So pretty, it will definitely be a go to color this fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete