Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sinful Colors Standing Bloom Only

 Hello my pretties!!

I have the third and final new shade in the Sinful Colors About Blooming Time display.  Today's shade is called Standing Bloom Only.
Sinful Colors Standing Bloom Only

Let's begin with the name.  You guys.  I have no idea what the name means, I guess it's word play on "standing room only"?  I don't get the connection, I am sure I am missing something here!   It's these little things that remind me I am not a native English speaker, I can't tell you the number of pop culture references that go over my head on a daily basis, I don't even know!  (OMG Yadi, get back on track girl!

Okay, so Standing Bloom Only!  We have a bright red-orange base with different sized red and small gold glitter.
You are looking at three coats, plus topcoat.
 I decided to throw in this picture of Standing Bloom Only sans topcoat.  As you can see, there is zero "squishy" factor by itself, which leads me to declare it a creme base with glitter vs. a jelly or even a crelly. 
 You know what I feel like?  I feel like bizarro Goldie Locks with these three new shades: the first one was just perfect!  The second, a little too sheer; the third, a little too pigmented.  That said, the truth is all three of these polishes are very pretty and totally worth the $1.99 price tags!

Until Next time!
-Yadi

5 comments:

  1. No, don't worry, I don't get the name either, haha! A really interesting shade, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cait! :) Whew! lol It happens a LOT! <3 I think Jessica's explanation makes sense though!

      Delete
  2. I love this color, this is another one I picked up. As far as the name, the only thing I can think of is that usually in a field of flowers that are blooming, they're all squished together? Kind of like in a theater with Standing Room Only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That blooming fields explanation makes absolute sense, thank you! <3 I am really happy SC is exploring these unusual type of shades!

      Delete
  3. I don't get the connection either other than that bloom rhymes with room and bloom fit the spring theme.

    ReplyDelete