Monday, February 16, 2015

Salon Perfect Cosmic Black

 Hello my pretties!  I hope everyone had a lovely V-day weekend.  I went to Walmart a couple of weeks ago and came upon a few new Salon Perfect core shades that I had not seen before.  The one I have today has a (not surprisingly) recycled name: Cosmic Black.  Let's take a look:
Salon Perfect Cosmic Black
Cosmic Black has a black jelly base and small holographic silver glitter.  The previous version of this shade I do not own because I own it's China Glaze dupe, however you can see Nail Polish Wars' lovely swatches over here.

For today's pictures, I applied two coats to my middle and ring fingers, three coats to my index and pinky fingers.  I then added a layer of Seche Vite topcoat.  
The close-up above is of my ring finger.  This wasn't noticeable to the naked eye, but in the pictures you can see how there are a few bald-ish spots throughout the nail... perhaps a third coat was needed after all.
The application was tricky guys.  The glitter bits try to stick to each other, like tiny disco balls.  I think the next time I wear it I will use a black base, and use it as a topper.

I purchased Salon Perfect Cosmic Black at Walmart for $3.99
.
I wish you all a great week, and hope my American friends had a lovely President's Day as well!

Until next time!
-Yadi


4 comments:

  1. What an interesting polish! I hope it's easier to apply as a topper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eva, I'll report back after I try it! <3

      Delete
  2. I decided against picking this up because the glitter looked a Lil "cheap" to me against the black and the formula appeared a bit thick too. I did pick up the teal blue-green one called Ocean Treasure which I think is the dupe for China Glaze Atlantis and I think it's gawgeous! Thanks for sharing beautiful! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessika! I think I know what you mean, the glitter bits are a little bigger than you would expect in a scattered holo but guuuuuuuuurl, it's so sparkly! LOL! I had picked up Razzleberry (I think that's the name) a while ago (The magenta base one) and for whatever reason never got it up on my blog but I really liked it. I also picked up the purple version of this, but I have Atlantis so I skipped the teal one, I agree though, gawgeous!!! Thanks for stopping by my friend!!! <3

      Delete