Sunday, July 27, 2014

Shaved Ice from my Neglected Files

*Purchased by me*

I showed you guys Sally Hansen's Sugar Coat Collection last month, but I was missing the white shade, Sugar Fix.  Turns out soon after my post I visited Big Lots and voila!  I found it, purchased it, swatched it and nail-arted it for you today.  Are you ready?  Boom! 


 It is safe to say, Sally Hansen made me do it!  I started with Sugar Fix for the textured base.  I had seen SO many pretty things done with it as a base on the Reddit Laqueristas forum that I wanted to try it the minute it was in my hand!  What you see here is two coats.
Sally Hansen Sugar Fix
It's not that I'm a fan of white polish, but check this out.  Doesn't it remind you of vanilla ice cream?  I think it looks just like!  Anyways... The rest of my inspiration for today's mani from this point on came from my girl Cynthia over at Of Life and Lacquer.  If you haven't seen what she did with Candy Lacquer Unicorn Bubbles, you need to stop reading this and go check it out right meow!  I'll wait here, k? Pretty awesome stuff right? :)  So I pulled out my Sally Hansen Palm Beach Jellies, which are actually sheer tints, (I love them whatever the name!) and made the rainbow-y base by applying patches of different colors in every nail.  Up until this point, this reminds me of rainbow sorbet! That sounds SO good right now... excuse me a second, gotta wipe away some drool.
Then I pulled out my Nicole by OPI Shaved Nice (really? "Shaved Nice" NOPI?) which is kind of textured too.  Here is my mani after adding two coats.
I decided to add a coat of Seche Vite and see what it did with all the bumpy texture.
I like the end result, although it looks different than I had envisioned.  The whole thing reminds me of a big raspado, that rainbow shaved ice you can buy at the flea market, ya know?  NOPI totally nailed that name!  I don't know if it's the shade names though, perhaps the colors, maybe because we have triple digits here in the central valley... but I think this stuff turned out delicious looking in every stage!
 I hope you guys liked this and I wish everyone an super-duper great week!

-Yadi

8 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I'm so glad I came out of hiding and saw this! What a beautiful mani! <3 This is like fairy ice cream...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody pinch me right now... Melissa, wohooo! So happy you are out of hiding! Fairy Ice Cream sounds perfect :)

      Delete
  2. Dang, I love this. And now that you mention raspados, I must have one immediately. Too bad it's almost 10 pm and the raspado man wouldn't be outside this late. haha (ooohh..a tamarindo raspado sounds so yummy right now.) So, this whole mani is a big win. I need to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was hoping for it to be a bit more whimsical but did like it in the end. I kept it on my nails about three days and was sad to see it chip off, totally out of character but I really did love it. I am a big fan of tamarindo stuff, water, candy, atole, whatever! It's the best raspado flavor in existence so I am not surprised to know you are craving it at night and I am too, this morning! lol

      Delete
  3. This nail art looks great! I love all these colors together :)

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete