Monday, March 9, 2015

Wet N Wild Silver Lake Megalast Collection

Hello my prreeetties!  I hope everyone is having a lovely start to this crazy month of March.  I am very excited for today's post!  I can't remember the last time I brought you a collection post, which makes today very special because I actually loved every shade I will share with you today, so let's get to it!
Wet N Wild Silver Lake Megalast Collection
The first color I have for you is Tree Hugger, this minty and slightly dusty soft green.  We are looking at three coats, no topcoat.
Wet N Wild Tree Hugger
This was one of my favorite shades when I was swatching it, I actually stopped to share a sneak-peak on my Instagram and found out many of you ladies loved it as well, which is no surprise, because look!
The application was no real problem-o with this shade, it was a little streaky after two thin coats so I added a third.
The next shade I have is Wear Skinny Jeans, this soft blue with a little shimmer. 
Wet N Wild Wear Skinny Jeans
I was a little sad that the shimmer on this polish didn't transfer to the nail properly because it looked really cool in the bottle.  Still, this was a nice shade, you are looking at three coats.
Next up is Warm Filter, this light, dusty coral pink creme.  You are looking at three coats, no topcoat.
Wet N Wild Warm Filter
The application for Warm Filter was okay, the formula was a little too thick in my opinion and did not do the best job with self-leveling.  Still, it was very pigmented and I only added a third coat to smooth it out.
One thing I noticed about most of these shades -Warm Filter in particular- was that they dried to a significantly brighter shade.  If you pay attention, it's really obvious when you look at the nail vs. the bottle.  I don't mind it, but it's just something I noticed. 
The next shade is Stream of Conciousness, this super sheer, pinky white jelly with subtle gold shimmer.
Wet N Wild Stream of Conciousness
I loved this shade so much, but I will warn you: you will probably hate it if you are not a fan of layering, because it took me four coats to get it this opaque.  Told ya it was sheer!
I feel like this shade is so feminine and delicate, I don't mind the layering for this squishy result!
Reject The Mainstream is a dusty lavender creme, which is one of my favorite families of shades, so you know this is another favorite of mine. You are looking at two coats, no topcoat.
Wet n Wild Reject The mainstream
I probably have 30 versions of this color, but this one is up there with the prettiest, definitely in my top three here!
And last but most definitely not least, we have A Latte Love, this light beige creme.  You are looking at two coats, no topcoat.
Wet n Wild A Latte Love
I actually purchased an exact dupe for this shade the same day: FingerPaints Endless Wear in Nude Sketch is identical in color, but honestly, A Latte Love has the better formula for a 1/4 of the price.  So just FYI; I would go with the Wet n Wild if I had to choose only one, I can do a comparison post if you want to get down to the dirty deets, let me know!
This is it guys!  I purchased these polishes at Walgreens for $1.99 each. 

I hope everyone has a great week!

Until Next time!
-Yadi

15 comments:

  1. I can't wait to find this collection. I have been looking. I love Wet 'n' Wild's Megalast line of polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindi, hope you find it fast! I also am a big fan of Megalasts!!

      Delete
  2. amazing collection, I love ;Reject The Mainstream' so very much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we have very similar taste my friend!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Wear Skinny Jeans is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have put that on my favorite if it showed a little more shimmer on the nail, but I love it anyways!

      Delete
  4. They're beautiful! Tree Hugger, Warm Filter and Reject the Mainstream are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the sheer pop up on my dashboard and my heart went pitterpatter :) LOVE Stream of Consciousness. Beautiful swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liesl! I also fell in love with Stream of Conciousness!!

      Delete
  6. I want to see how Stream of Conciousness looks in a sandwich! I might have a few bottles just to use for Frankens. I've been really into white jellies with glitter. If I had this, I could make them with whatever glitter I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like fun! I have not tried my hand at frankening, but I think it will work perfect for that because the shimmer is so subtle and it's so sheer!

      Delete
  7. Love think green, blue and purple can't wait to find these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamela, we share two out of three favorites! Hope they land near you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rite-aid has wet n wild 40% off this week so I picked up the whole collection haha They're really my type of colors and were so cheap I thought, what the hell lol Pretty swatches!

    ReplyDelete