Saturday, June 21, 2014

Sally Hansen Sugar Coats (VERY pic heavy!)

*Purchased by me*

Hi guys, I have been visiting my local Big Lots pretty much weekly with the hopes of replacing my Sephora by OPI 18k gold topper, which has been popping up here and there for under two dollars.  Unfortunately I haven't had much luck with that shade, but in the process I have found a bunch of other super cool polishes, and today I am sharing some shades from Sally Hansen's Sugar Coat line.
Sally Hansen Sugar Coat

The first shade I have for you today is Sweetie, a textured yellow creme.  I am wearing three coats in the pictures below.  The instructions call for two layers only, but it was still a little patchy after two so...

Sally Hansen Sweetie

Next up is Sour Apple, a textured minty green creme.  I am wearing three coats below as well.

Sour Apple

The third color I have is Bubble Plum, a textured lilac pink creme.  This shade was opaque in two coats, which I am wearing for the pictures below.
Sally Hansen Bubble Plum


 Next is Cotton Candy, a warmer, bubble-gum pink creme.  I am wearing two coats for the pictures below.

Sally hansen Cotton Candy

Next up is Spare-A-Mint, a teal green textured creme.  I am wearing two coats in the picture below.
Sally Hansen Spare-A-Mint?
The next polish I have for you is Royal Icing, a jelly blue texture with pink glass flecks.  I am wearing three coats for the picture below.
Sally Hansen Royal Icing
As you can see, this shade pretty much sucks on it's own.  I had actually purchased this one and Pink Sprinkle when they originally came out and had no idea Royal Icing was so sheer.  Anyways, I decided to layer one coat over ONE coat of Spare-A-Mint for the following pictures, I kind of like it!

Sally Hansen Royal Icing over Spare-A-Mint

I topped it off with a layer of Seche Vite and was pretty pleased with what I saw. Here is the glossy version of this combo:
Sally Hansen Royal Icing over Spare-A-Mint with topcoat.

 The next shade I had actually shared a few months ago: Pink Sprinkle, which you can find here.  I am wearing two coats for the following two pictures.

Sally Hansen Pink Sprinkle
 
 Of course I added a topcoat layer and here it is looking deliciously squishy.
Sally Hansen Pink Sprinkle, with topcoat
 

Next I have Candy Corn, a bright orange creme.  I am wearing two coats for the pictures below.
Sally hansen Candy Corn

The next shade is Cherry Drop, a textured warm red creme.  I am wearing two coats for the pictures below.
Sally Hansen Cherry Drop


So now we are moving onto the dark shades!  This is Laughie Taffy, a textured blackened blue creme.  I am wearing two coats here.
Sally Hansen Laughie Taffy


Next up is Gummy Grape, a textured dark purple creme.  Two coats.
Sinful Colors Gummy Grape


... and here comes the darkest of the dark bunch: Lick-O-Rich, a textured black creme.  I am wearing two coats for the pictures below.
Sally Hansen Lick-O-Rich


The next shade is Red Velvet, a textured burgundy red shimmer.  I am wearing two coats for the pictures below.
Sally Hansen Red Velvet

The last shade I have is Treat-Heart, a textured metallic pink.  I am wearing two coats for the pictures below.
Sally Hansen Treat-Heart


I purchased all but two (Pink Sprinkle and Royal Icing) at Big Lots and paid one dollar for each.  I am a little sad the white version of these polishes wasn't there but perhaps next time because I really liked the texture in the Sugar Coats!

Have a happy Saturday my lovelies, I'll see you again soon!




6 comments:

  1. Wow, so many swatches!

    I have 2 of this series, white one and Cotton Candies. I like sandy nail polishes, but honestly I prefer these with glitter. I like your combination of Sally Hansen Royal Icing over Spare-A-Mint a lot! Great combo! And these with top coat :) Red Velvet looks very well too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was considering cutting it down to two posts but it just ended up feeling unbalanced lol. My favorite is Pink Sprinkle and Royal Icing with something underneath, because alone it was pretty dissapointing!

      Delete
    2. Yes, Pink Sprinkle looks OK, the same with Cherry-something :D

      Delete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you swatched these for us- I only picked up a few last year and now there are finally more at Big Lots? I will have to go hunting cuz you know I'm crazy for texture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have been showing up at Big Lots for a few weeks now, along with the SOPI's, some Revlon Colorstays, Fergies and those pumpkin bottles of polish that show up during Halloween. Happy hunting girly!

      Delete
  3. oh, thanks for swathing.i have only Sweetie , Taffy Tart and Candy Corn
    but the others are too amazing ! i enjoyed in a picture
    thank you !

    ReplyDelete