Monday, February 2, 2015

L'oreal Masked Affair


Hello my pretties... happy Monday, I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!  I am taking a break from all the new Sinful Colors shades I have rounded up these last couple of weeks to share this gorgeous, not-so-hard-to-find-anymore shade from L'oreal's Different Shades of Grey collection.  This is Masked Affair:
L'oreal Masked Affair
If you have been reading this blog for a while, you know I am fortunate enough to live in the perfect-sized city for polish hunting.  It is big enough to have one of each major retailers here, so new collections get to us fairly quickly.  It's also small enough that once these collections arrive, the bottles remain on the shelf for a decent amount of time, so I don't usually run into empty new displays... that kind of thing.

Masked Affair was one of two shades so far that have made me lose a few hours of sleep from the frustration of not finding it.  I am not sure why, but this didn't hit the shelves for a good month after I started seeing swatches of it online.  This sounds a little ridiculous, but let me show you why I became so obsessed with this elusive shade so fast:
 We have a linear holographic gray polish here, ladies and gentlemen.  It is simply gorgeous!  I am wearing three coats, no topcoat.
Okay, let's get this out in the open: I am a sucker for special effects polishes.  It's no secret how much I like flakies, but I haven't done holographic polishes any justice in my blog.  I can say I have been borderline negligent and I am not sure why.  Maybe because they are so hard to photograph, pictures never do them justice and this shade is no exception in that sense.  
The formula for Masked Affair was a little bit streaky, that third coat was very necessary, but I don't mind the troubles for this awesome effect.
I purchased this shade from Rite Aid for around five dollars.  They are now widely available though, I have seen them at all Walgreens and Rite Aids.


I wish everyone a happy week, until next time!
-Yadi

10 comments:

  1. I have been haunting the CVS/Walgreens of Columbus Ohio, no sign of this collection. Only saw it at one Bed Bath & Beyond in town that has cosmetics, and of course with only two bottles of each color, this was the only one all gone. I'd have to head south a few counties to get to a Rite Aid.... sad panda!! But great pix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am a sad panda for you, what a terrible situation! All the Walgreens around here got them within days of each other, maybe they will land in your area soon so you don't have to make the long drive! <3

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh this is just incredible! I hope we get them here in Holland soon, I will have to keep checking like a crazy woman until I see this :) You have photographed the holo perfectly, beautiful pictures! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! Lol I wish you find it soon! I know it was released in Canada under a different name, which I can't find At the moment but will follow up when I do <3

      Delete
  3. I haven't been able to find it either. Maybe a trip to CVS next town over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you!! <3

    ReplyDelete