Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sinful Colors Petal Be The Day

 Hello my pretties!!!  Come in, have a seat... notice anything different?  Up there, in the address bar?  Yep, we have a brand, shiny new domain!  Which reminds me, I shared a little preview on Instagram and promised to have this post up last night but we ran into a little bit of difficulties, so my apologies for the delay.

Onto polish!!!  Today I have the second of three new shades in the Sinful Colors About Blooming Time display, this is Petal Be The Day.  Have a look:
Sinful Colors Petal Be The Day

In the bottle, it looks like Petal Be The Day would have a milk-jelly base, like Flower Power.  After applying three coats, I don't think so anymore.  I am wearing three coats for today's pictures, no topcoat.
 I like the glitter, and it might look good with shorter, not-so-stained nails.  I might give it a second go with a light lavender or nude base at some point, but my opinion on this polish at this point is a very heart-felt "meh."
 Both Flower Power and Petal Be The Day are part of the About Blooming Time display, which Chuckles found in Kmart and looks like this:
So, what do you guys think about this polish?  

Until Next time!
-Yadi

14 comments:

  1. I like it in the pictures, pretty colors right up my alley...but sometimes it's hard to tell if it is a topper or not, until you buy it and find out the hard way... :) I would totally buy this, thanks for showing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, and you are welcome! I think I am liking it more, it was hard to get over the initial disappointment but we are getting there, lol <3

      Delete
  2. I just picked this up, I can't wait to put it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica, Thank you for stopping by, can't wait to see it on you!!! <3

      Delete
  3. your nails look so great!
    I love all the details and I hope you'll have a wonderful week!
    I look forward to see your next nail art and read your next post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Julia, I wish you a wonderful week as well and I always look forward to your posts too! <3

      Delete
  4. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! I hope you accept! Check it out: http://mythisandthat83.blogspot.com/2015/01/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am very flattered, I will have an official acceptance post very soon! <3

      Delete
  5. A tiny piece of my heart died when I tried this polish last night :( so glad to see Flower Power is actually a crelly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kary, I had the exact experience... Flower Power was definitely the prettiest pearl in this set, IMO. Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  6. Gonna have to look out for these, they look awesome. Have you seen the Citrustwist polishes? There's three new glass fleck jellies in that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meh indeed. I love the colours but I agree, it's neither crelly nor a glitter topper and it needs to make up its mind. That said, I'd love to see it over a cream or pink base. And a budget range of polishes I haven't tried yet!? I must have been slacking off.
    Love the blog by the way, great photos ^^

    ReplyDelete