Thursday, August 28, 2014

SinfulShine Shining Couture vs. SinfulColors Kissy: Dupes?

*Purchased by me*

When I saw Sinful Colors Shining Couture in the new SinfulShine line display (which I showed you here) I instantly thought "it's Kissy!" and picked it up under the assumption this was another a case of an updated formula.  So, I swatched them together and I have the results to share with you guys today.  Let's get to it!
SinfulShine Shining Couture vs SinfulColors Kissy


Alright, it was very clear they were not dupes from the bottles.  True.  But I went ahead and swatched them anyways because I know others were wondering if they were and pictures of bottles-only seemed a little boring.  So.  I am wearing two coats of each: Shining Couture on index and ring finger and Kissy on middle and pinky.
Kissy does have a blue-ish jelly base but it's not nearly as intense as it is in Shining Couture.  Kissy's formula also has more flecks, which makes it a little more opaque than Shining Couture as you can see in these pictures.  But the biggest difference is in the color: Kissy is green, Shining Couture is blue.  End of story. 
 Do you need these two polishes? Yes, if you like both, they are absolutely not the same.  You know what the problem is?  Kissy got discontinued, so if you were looking for dat green, you are a bit out of luck.  Actually, there are other known alternatives for kissy, though a bit pricier.  Zoya Charla off the top of my head, but in any case.

I hope you guys had a fantastic day and see you next time! 

-Yadi

2 comments:

  1. Comparisons always so helpful, thank you!! I have the Zoyas so I think I am covered, I do like that finish, more interesting than plain old creme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I am a big fan of this finish vs. cremes, thank you! <3

      Delete