Tuesday, September 23, 2014

China Glaze All Aboard Collection Swatches (Picture Heavy!)

*Purchased by me*

Hello everyone, I am SO happy to share today's collection with you guys!  I should apologize for making today's post so picture heavy.  I actually considered splitting it into two posts, but one of the things I like about this collection the most is the way these colors look together, so.  Sorry but not really. ;)

I had shared Choo Choo Choose You with you guys back here, and it is still my favorite in this bunch, but let's go have a look at the rest of the gorgeous, gorgeous China Glaze All Aboard Collection.
China Glaze All Aboard Collection
The first shade in this collection is All aboard, a dusty purple creme.  I am wearing two coats plus topcoat.
China Glaze All Aboard
The next shade is What Are You A-Freight Of?, a rich dark chocolate brown creme.  I am wearing one coat, with topcoat.
China Glaze What Are You A-Freight Of?
See that lighter patch on my middle finger?  That was not apparent in person, this is the main reason why I usually add an extra coat of polish to my swatches after I think they are opaque.  This shade was ultra-pigmented and it looked so even to the naked eye, my apologies for that!
The next shade is Don't Get Derailed, a dusty olive green creme.  You are looking at two coats plus topcoat.
China Glaze Don't Get Derailed
The next shade Nice Caboose, a berry purple with scattered shimmer.  You are looking at two coats, plus topcoat.
China Glaze Nice Caboose
 This next shade is my runner up in this collection: Stop That Train, a gorgeous lit from within orange shimmer.  You are looking at two coats, plus topcoat.
China Glaze Stop That Train
Seriously guys, look at this shade!  It's so bright it really borders on red, but stays on the orange side possibly because of that gorgeous gold shimmer.  My nails are on FIRE!
 
This next shade is Lug Your Designer Baggage, a brown creme with golden glass flecks.  I am wearing two coats, plus topcoat.
China Glaze Lug Your Designer Baggage

Next up is Well Trained is a dark dusty teal, I am wearing two coats plus topcoat.
China Glaze Well Trained
"Are we done yet?" Nope!  This shade is Mind The Gap, and it's this funky khaki/golden shimmer base with a bit of green flecks.  I am wearing three coats, plus topcoat.
China Glaze Mind The Gap
 
The next shade I have for you is Conduct Yourself, and it's this dark wine red "shimmer", although the shimmer isn't visible on the nail; it's really more of a creme.  I'm not gonna lie, I was totes bummed about the lost shimmer, although the color itself is pretty.  I decided to do without the topcoat for the swatch and I blame the shimmer disappointment, you are looking at two coats, no topcoat.
China Glaze Conduct Yourself
This next shade is One Track Mind, a deep, dusty navy blue.  I had a helluva time photographing this shade, my camera gives it a more royal, vibrant tone, in reality it is a bit more muted.  I am wearing two coats plus topcoat.
China Glaze One Track Mind
The last two shades I have for you I have showed you before.  This one is Choo-Choo Choose You and you can see the original post here.
China Glaze Choo-Choo Choose You

The last polish in this collection is Loco-Motive, and it's the only glitter in it.  I am wearing four coats plus topcoat for the pictures today, click here to see my original comparison post.
China Glaze Loco-Motive
 
 ----
So that's it guys!  Whew, that was a long post!  I really liked it overall, and would say it was perfect except for Conduct Yourself's gimp shimmer.  To be fair, it is still a very nice vampy shade.  I am very excited to play mix and match with them on my nails! 

-Yadi

12 comments:

  1. Well Trained is my nr 1, Choo Choo... and One Track Mind go straight after this one. It's a really nice collection for fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choo Choo and Stop That Train were my numbers one and two! Thank you for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  2. i like Lug Your Designer Baggage the most from this collection, but it's cause i like all the flakie-glasfleck things ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is another super unique shade, I had never seen flakies on a brown base, I think it's my 3rd favorite from this bunch! :)

      Delete
  3. Great post!! I love this collection for the oddness of it. I picked up Choo-Choo and plan to post it soon. Your pics and mine are totally different...I couldn't pick up the green. Loco-Motive looks so much like SC Black Magic. Lovely photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think every single set of photos I have seen of Choo-Choo Choose is a bit different than the other, it just makes it a tad more special IMO, looking forward to your swatches! <3

      Delete
  4. Oh my--now you've made me want some of the colors I passed by, like Don't Get Derailed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karen! <3 You know how that goes, it's so pretty though... I had initially passed it up too!!

      Delete
  5. lovely collection :)
    My favourite is 'nice caboose'- wonderful <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you! Nice Caboose is really pretty, the shimmer is more intense in the bottle but it is still visible in the nail and adds some punch to it!

      Delete
  6. Are Loco-Motive and Mind the Gap sheer enough to layer over a dark cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you for stopping by! Loco-Motive is definitely good for layering, Mind The Gap has a colored base in addition to the shimmer, I don't think it would work for layering.

      Delete