Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sinful Colors: Sinful Shine Sea Glisten

*Purchased by me*

I had purchased and shared Curry Up back in May, and fell in love with the way the shade looked.  Well, last week I was In Walgreens and spotted a very familiar looking green little fella, although it was from the Sinful Shine line.  From the bottle I could instantly tell these two shades looked exactly the same, but I purchased Sea Glisten anyways, with the hopes that the formula in Sea Glisten would be less bloppy.  So how do they compare?
Sinful Colors Sea Glisten

The formula in Sea Glisten is definitely better, way better!  You are looking at three coats, it was opaque in two but I added the third for the unforgiving camera lens.  I didn't use a topcoat, the finish is so shiny and smooth with this one that I decided to share it on it's own!  
I had originally planned to swatch them side by side and make this a dupe comparison post, but honestly I did not want to bother with Curry Up after trying Sea Glisten on the first nail, so I am bringing you a full swatch instead and you'll just have to take my word for it, they look identical!
Bottom line: these two polishes have the same price and are both currently available at the drugstores for $1.99.  I highly recommend Sea Glisten over Curry Up, the formula is absolutely better, the finish is smoother, it's just the better choice!

Have a great day everybody!!!
-Yadi 



6 comments:

  1. ooh, yay- thx for posting this, I was hoping you'd pick it up and give us a review. It looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me well my friend! It's pretty awesome, I am so happy I bought a dupe (In what world, right?!?!) that was so many times better than the original!

      Delete
  2. I knew it! I did a quick swatch of Sea Glisten at Walgreens and was sure it was a better formula than Curry Up. Now I probably need it too! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely better! Curry Up is definitely manageable, but Sea Glisten is a really nice, zero problem application two-coater!! :)

      Delete
  3. Looks as if a cinnamon or a pepper was added :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, like guacamole with pepper now that you mention it! I shouldn't blog when hungry, now I want to go get some! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete