Monday, November 11, 2013

Sinful Colors 24 Karat vs. Essie As Gold as it Gets

Hello everyone, it's 11/11... make a wish!  I wish a great Veterans Day to all my American friends.

I have another comparison for you today.  I picked up Sinful Colors 24 Karat and right away it reminded me of Essie's As Gold As It Gets.
Sinful Colors 24 Karat vs. Essie As Gold As It Gets

They are both gold flakies and small gold microglitter suspended in a clear base.  Here's a picture of them up close:
As you can see, there is a slight difference in the bottle.  It seems like 24 Karat is more opaque, while As Gold As It Gets seems to have bigger flakies.  Let's take a look at them on the nails!  I applied two coats of L'oreal Royalty Reinvented on all my nails; then I applied a coat of Essie's As Gold As It Gets on my index and ring fingers, Sinful Colors 24 Karat on my middle finger and pinky.



As you can see, there IS a difference on the nail as well, but it's very small.  It seems to me 24 Karat has more glitter than flakies, while As Gold As It Gets has more flakies than glitter.  There might be a small difference in the size of the flakies with As Gold as It Gets being slightly larger.  There was a small difference in the application too: As Gold As It Gets has a thinner base, but 24 Karat's is not bad, just a little difference I noticed.


Well, what do you think?  The biggest difference between these two in my humble opinion is in the price.  As Gold As It Gets retails for $8, while 24 Karat retails for $2.  

Hope you all have a safe holiday, happy Monday!

-Yadi

No comments:

Post a Comment