Sunday, May 25, 2014

China Glaze Sea Goddess Collection


 I know it's already Sunday, but you guys... if you haven't done so, get to your Sally's TODAY because this weekend only, they have the best deal on clearance inventory I have seen yet: buy one, get TWO free for China Glaze(also: buy one, get one free for FingerPaints).  The obvious reason here, in my opinion, is that they are really,really trying to push their infamous Crinkled Chromes out of their stock.  But, along with those Crinkled Chromes, surprisingly, are the Sea Goddess textured collection leftovers and depending on your local store, you might be able to score the entire collection for about $6.58, since they are priced at $3.29 each.  I know there was some trouble with availability for these when they initially came out, so if you didn't catch them while they were hot, go check that clearance section NOW! They also have leftover shades from the Halloween and Christmas collections on clearance.
China Glaze Sea Goddess Collection



You guys know my favorite thing about textured polishes is how they look after adding topcoat!  So, in an effort to save some words I'll tell you up front:  I swatched all of the shades alone first for the first two photos, then I added two coats of Seche Vite for the last two of each shade.


I am going to start with my favorite: Sea Horsin' Around.  Sea Horsin' Around is a bright Turquoise with very prominent gold iridescent flecks.
China Glaze Sea Horsin' Around

 I am wearing two coats for these photos.  The formula was easy to work with for a textured and very opaque in just one coat.  I decided to add a second coat only to catch certain texture-less spots around the tips. 
Seahorsin' Around with topcoat

 I mean c'mon, how gorgeous is it with topcoat?!?!?!  I love it both ways! 


Next up is Shell We Dance?.  Shell We Dance is a strawberry pink textured with small pink glitter.  I am wearing two coats for these pictures.

China Glaze Shell We Dance?

 The formula on Shell We Dance was also nice, it was more of a jelly base, if that makes sense, so even though it's textured it still has a certain squishy quality to it even on it's own.  Check it out with topcoat though, it's SO... PRETTY...

Shell We Dance? with topcoat


Next is Teal The Tide turns.  Teal The Tide Turns is a creamy teal textured with small green metallic glitter.  I am wearing three coats for the pictures below.

China Glaze Teal the Tide Turns

 The formula for Teal The Tide turns was not the greatest, it applied a bit patchy and the gritty particles that give it the texture kept trying to bulk up together.

Fortunately it didn't matter once I added some topcoat, I think it looks phenomenally shiny and squishy, check it out.
Teal the Tide Turns with Topcoat

 Okay, the next polish was my least favorite from this collection: Sand Dolla Make You Holla.  I am wearing three coats for the pictures below.

China Glaze Sand Dolla Make You Holla
 
Sand Dolla Make You Holla is a white base with small metallic rainbow glitter.  It applied a little patchy as well so I layered three coats, then added some topcoat for the next two photos.  I actually like it a LOT better this way!
Sand Dolla Make You Holla with Topcoat


 Up next is Wish On A Starfish, a salmon pink textured with very prominent gold flecks.  I am wearing three coats for all pictures below.
China Glaze Wish On a Starfish

 I found the formula for Wish On A Starfish was the hardest to work with if you want to cover any visible nail lines because it is a pretty sheer jelly base, and after three coats, the textured finish just looked too messy for me.  I added two layers of Seche Vite and that definitely made it pop to life though!
Wish On a Starfish with topcoat


... and of course, last but certainly not least, is Tail Me Something, a purple metallic textured.
China Glaze Tail Me Something

 The Formula on Tail Me Something was also a bit hard to work with, the glitter and texture grits also kept trying to clump up together into little nail mountains so I tried my best to drag them into a more even distribution.  It was definitely a challenge and I failed on my ring finger, as you can see above.  I added some topcoat though, and like the rest, the problem was fixed and the finish was flawless :) 
Tail Me Something with topcoat

So, I really liked this collection in general and I am glad I was able to get my hands on all of them when they came out, because I caught them during their BOGO free sale back around February.

I wish everyone a great holiday and a happy Sunday!  Until Next time!

-Yadi

4 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    The collection looks very pretty. The cyan blue, pink one and white with the dots are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it has been one of my favorite textured collections for sure. I had waited for it for a bit and now they are on clearance at most Sally's! :) My favorite is definitely the cyan blue too!

      Delete
    2. I hope they will be available in the country I live :)

      Delete
    3. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! <3

      Delete