Wednesday, August 6, 2014

SpaRitual Wilderness: Orly Just Peachy Dupe!

*Purchased by me*

Hey there my pretties, sorry I have been MIA for a whole week, I mostly blame my kid, because her birthday and celebration(s) happened from Thursday to Sunday and it was kind of crazy busy around here... but maybe there's a little procrastination on my side there to be blamed as well, who knows... who cares?  I have great a bunch of awesomeness to share this week :)

I have satisfied a lemming!  You guys... I had been going bananas trying to find the coveted Orly Just Peachy at my TJ Maxx and Marshalls with no luck.  I had seen a twin sibling existed out there (click here for a side by side comparison) and guess what?  I found the twin!  Are we ready for this?  Here is SpaRitual Wilderness!
SpaRitual Wilderness

I was at Burlington Coat Factory with Mr Chuckles when he spotted a Spa Ritual duo pack and wouldn't you know... this little beauty was in there along with another shade I will share eventually and a necklace I will probably never use. :)
SpaRitual Wilderness, no topcoat
So if you are unfamiliar with the story behind Just Peachy by Orly, don't feel bad, it's origins are one of the big "unknowns" in the polish world.  From what I can tell, bottles just started popping up randomly at TJ Maxx and Marshall's as part of those duo-packs they often get from Orly, but it was never a part of an actual collection or core line.  I found out about it when a fellow blogger posed a question in a FB group I am a part of, and I fell in love with the swatches, became obsessed with it, yadda yadda yadda.
I had actually spotted THE Orly Just Peachy at Marshall's a few weeks ago, but I decided to pass on it (gasp!) because it was part of a mini-set, and it came with three other shades that I really didn't care for.  I figured I'd be better off dropping bigger bucks online for a full-size bottle I could use without fear of running out because of the texture factor (a lot is used up with each full mani!) vs. paying $6.99 for the mini-set, and so I passed.
SpaRitual Wilderness with topcoat
I am not sure why the craze hasn't really shifted over to the more available Wilderness.  I think it might be the price range, because SpaRitual retails for about 50% more than Orly.  With Just Peachy however, it's the other way around due to the rarity, I have seen it on ebay for $15-$20.  SpaRitual Wilderness is part of the Explore Collection and it is available on their website for $12.00, though I only paid $9.99 for my duo-pack.  Can we say "SCORE!"?

As always, these last three swatches I am wearing a layer of topcoat, because I LOVE the depth textured polishes pick up when they are smooth and shiny.  I am not sure in this case which finish I like more though, this stuff is so shimmery without the topcoat that I may like it better when left alone.


So what do you guys think?  Do you own either of these shades?  Which finish do you like better?  I am not noticing too big of a difference to be honest,  I love this stuff either way!

-Yadi

6 comments:

  1. They both look very similar. I like this SpaRitual, it's very cheerful and summery :) It looks like a very good nail polish (I mean the quality).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! SpaRitual is awesome, they are five free and vegan, and I've had zero issues with the formulas. It's too bad they are a bit pricey but I get excited when I catch one on clearance or on sale!

      Delete
  2. I don't own either, but wow I wished I owned this one from Sparitual, i love their polishes so so much :) Wow this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phoebe, I love SpaRitual too, I am bad for neglecting the other few I have but I just couldn't wait to wear this one! :)

      Delete
  3. i am starring at your pics! texture polishes are my favor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love textured polishes too and this is my favorite so far too! <3

      Delete