Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sally Hansen Pacific Blue vs. NYC Ocean Blue... Dupes?


*Purchased by me*
You probably heard it already.  Sally Hansen changed everything but the name of a classic again: Pacific Blue.  If you are unfamiliar with this situation, I strongly suggest reading Gianna's original post and follow up over at Nouveau Cheap.  Well guys, I think I found a decent alternative.  Check it out:
Sally Hansen Pacific Blue vs. NYC Ocean Blue

I went to Rite Aid to see if the new version of this shade had landed... alas, the new version wasn't there yet.  The really bad part was that classic shade was nowhere to be found either.  In any case, what I did find was the NYC City Samba Collection, and I was super happy to see a happy little blue shade I am so familiar with unexpectedly peak out from the back of this display.  Today I have this newly available (limited edition) little fellow to share with you guys  and compare to the now elusive original Pacific Blue.  I am wearing two coats of Ocean Blue on my index and ring fingers; two coats of Pacific Blue on my middle and pinky.  I am also wearing SC basecoat and a coat of Seche Vite topcoat.
Sally Hansen Pacific Blue vs NYC Ocean Blue
Pinky and middle fingers: Pacific Blue.  Index and ring: Ocean Blue
Okay, so these are not exact dupes: Ocean Blue has a little bit less white.  But seriously guys, I don't think it gets closer at this price range.  Even the names are similar, how about that? The display had $1.00 off coupons, so I paid a total of seventy-two cents for this bottle at Rite Aid.

So today I am posting pictures from my phone.  I am sorry guys, my Canon warms this shade up too much and it was a PITA trying to color-correct it, so I reached for the phone until I have a little more time to spare.  I will go back to the store sometime this week to pick up the rest of the collection because I find it lovely, so I will probably have better quality photos for you when I swatch them all together.

In the meantime, I wish you all a great weekend.  :)

-Yadi

9 comments:

  1. You know, I looked at the pics and I thought that Pacific Blue is lighter, the Ocean Blue is darker and then I read your comment - the same as my thoughts. Both look very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, great comparison- I'm gonna have to get these two out and test for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you check the displays for the $1.00 off coupons!

      Delete
  3. I can't tell the difference on screen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's harder to pick up with some screens, I was looking at this post in my hubby's more geeked out computer and noticed the colors pop brighter but they look more similar there, I wonder if it's a monitor thing?

      Delete
  4. I love both of them ;)
    These polishes look amazing!

    ~xx~ Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia, I love them too! They are both super pretty and the best part is they are both suuuuuper cheap!

      Delete
  5. I purchased the NYC ocean blue and absolutely love it!!

    http://petitesmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete