Saturday, July 5, 2014

NYC City Samba Collection

*Purchased by me*

Hi guys, I hope everyone had a fun and safe Fourth of July!  I had planned on sharing a few other patriotic polishes with y'all but honestly, I am too excited about my new polishes!  So maybe I'll save them for another holiday, maybe I'll just bring them late :)

Okay, so remember I had told you guys earlier about a possible dupe by NYC for Sally Hansen's Pacific Blue named Ocean Blue?  Well, I have the rest of the City Samba collection for you guys today, as well as a new swatch for Ocean Blue, are we ready?
NYC City Samba Collection
We are starting today with what turned out to be my favorite: Amazon Green, a frosty pastel green.  I am wearing three coats here.  The application with this shade was a little tricky because the frost makes the brush strokes show and I twitched while applying the second coat so it looked a bit messy, otherwise I could have gotten away with two.  It's pretty opaque.
NYC Amazon Green
The second shade I have for you is Copabanana, a creamy yellow shimmer.  I had a hard time applying this shade and had to add a coat of Seche Vite to smooth out the finish because it didn't really level out on it's own.  I think the problem is that the formula is too thick, I will probably be adding a few drops of thinner next time I wear it.  Other than that, I love this shade!  It was almost a one coater, which you know is ultra-rare in yellow shades.  I am wearing two coats here topped with a coat of Seche Vite.
NYC Copabanana
The next shade up is Jacaranda Flower, a pretty purple crelly.  The formula on Jacaranda Flower is a little bit sheer and patchy on the first coat, but it evened out nicely by the second.  I am wearing two coats here, I think I should have added a third coat for the camera but it seemed a lot more opaque in person!  

NYC Jacaranda Flower
Tropicoral is a creamy coral pink.  I am wearing two coats here.
NYC Tropicoral
Up next is Sweet Melon, a pastel melon orange with a hint of shimmer.  The formula on Sweet Melon reminded me of Copabanana in that it was a bit thick and didn't self-level.  I also had to use a coat of Seche Vite over two coats of this polish to smooth out the finish. 
NYC Sweet Melon
The next shade should look a bit familiar.  This is Ocean Blue and I had compared it to Pacific Blue for you guys here.  I am wearing two coats today, no topcoat.

NYC Ocean Blue
Next up is Palm on the Beach, a bright emerald creme.  I am wearing two coats here.
NYC Palm on the Beach
AND, last shade in this collection is Carnival Red, a bright true red.  I am wearing two coats. 
NYC Carnival Red

 Overall, I was very impressed with this collection.  The colors were all so happy and full of life, I think they nailed the theme!  The only problem that I had was a little bit of bubbling.  These are fast-drying polishes and I think I tend to lay on my coats on the thick side, so I had to be very aware of that and go extra thin to avoid bubbles, though it was inevitable here and there.

This collection also included three lip glosses, and I will share those in a different post.

I hope everyone has an excellent weekend, until next time!

-Yadi



4 comments:

  1. Yay! great swatches! I also loved this collection- I felt like it had a little something for everybody. I'm excited to see your lip swatches because I passed on them even though they looked yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This was my first NYC complete collection, I really liked every single polish initially, then I couldn't pass up the lip glosses because my Rite Aid doesn't move much NYC products and they still had sooooo many coupons and full displays...

      Delete
  2. The colours are great indeed, the blue, red and green are my favourites; the formula seems not be the best in some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are right, the shimmery shades were the more problematic ones but the shades you mentioned are A-ok! :)

      Delete