Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sinful Colors Oh My Mod! Collection Swatches

Hello guys, I am back with swatches for the other new Sinful Colors collection this 2014 in addition to Mod In Bloom (Here it is if you missed it!).  Today I bring you the Oh My Mod! collection, let's get to it!
Sinful Colors Oh My Mod!


The first Shade in this collection is Jolt, which is not a new shade.  I had bought it when it was a Target exclusive, take a look!
Sinful Colors Jolt
Jolt is a bright blue creme.  I am wearing two coats for both photos.

Next up is Energetic Red, which is also a repromote and I had previously picked up but remained untried.  I actually LOVE this hot red creme. 
Sinful Colors Energetic Red
I am wearing three coats in the picture to be sure, but it seemed fine after two!


Next up is Hip To Be Square, which is a blue-leaning periwinkle creme and it's a new shade.
Sinful Colors Hip To Be Square
The formula for Hip To Be Square was sheer, I am wearing four coats on both pictures and I layer of NYC Grand Central Station to even it out.


Another new shade is this bright, bright yellow: Chick Chick.
The formula for Chick Chick was pretty bad, this was another five coater, which I am wearing for these pictures.
EDIT: It was brought to my attention that there might be inconsistency in the formula between the bottles for Chick Chick.  The lovely Phoebe over at Glimpses of the Moon swatched it here and hers is looking gorgeous after only two coats, so go check it out and keep that in mind if you want to purchase this shade.

Okay, next up is another new shade: Feel the Vibe.
 Feel The Vibe is another bright orange creme.  I am wearing three coats for the pictures but this one also seemed to be good to go after two!

We are moving!  Next is Beatnick, a bright teal creme with a hint of shimmer hidden within.

Sinful Colors Beatnick
Beatnick was in the middle ground, I am wearing three coats but they are well needed, there were visible streaks still after the second coat but that third one really evened it out nicely.
Up next is Boom Boom, which is a hot pink creme that is part of the SC core collection and is widely available.
Sinful Colors Boom Boom
The application for Boom Boom was also very pleasant, only two coats were needed to achieve opacity but I am wearing three for these photos to stay on the safe side!

... and last but certainly not least, we have Go Go Boots, a purple creme.
Sinful Colors Go Go Boots
Go Go Boots was also not problematic but also not impressive, I am wearing three coats for both pictures here.



So my thoughts on this collection:

I definitely do not recommend Chick Chick, STAY AWAY FROM CHICK CHICK unless this is something you are IN LOVE with, I'd say go with one of the other colors SC has already available, this is seriously the worst. yellow. ever!

EDIT: As mentioned above, it seems the formula in my bottle of Chick Chick was bad, I am not sure what to do about it other than relay that info to you guys, so heads up!  Some bottles seem to be just fine... not mine, hmph! >.<


Other than that, this collection was significantly better than the Mod In Bloom in terms of formulas.  The formula on Jolt, Energetic Red, and Feel The Vibe were a two-coat dream, and the rest were very decent cremes as well.  I liked the colors in general, but none are really likely to become my go-to, but that is just a matter of personal taste, I wasn't completely swept off my feet by any.

I hope you guys find this review helpful, and remember to catch them while they are still on sale at Rite Aid if you are going to purchase any!

-Yadi


 

14 comments:

  1. great colors! Thanks for the lovely swatches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, I agree they are all very pretty! Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. beautiful collection! I love the first blue:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I agree! I had bought Jolt as soon as I saw it at Target and I'm happy to see it with the drugstore displays, maybe it will get more love now, lol!

      Delete
  3. I love how bright Feel the vibe is. A gorgeous orange shade. It's a shame Hip to be square needs so many coats :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked Feel the Vibe, the formula is super nice! I am thinking I may have gotten a bad badge with the two streaky shades I have, I just read someone was able to rock Chick Chick with two coats, but mine was crazy transparent still at two so no way they are consistent! Maybe that was the case with Hip To Be Square too... hmm....

      Delete
  4. we love sinful colors' polishes so we can't wait for this range to be released in Australia! Hopefully the ones we decide to get are more consistent and don't require so many coats!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, crossing my fingers for you ladies. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. Feel the Vibe and Energetic Red are supposedly going to be two of the new core colors at Walgreens. Along with a shade called Starry Night (a sheer black with micro glitter and very few glitter shards/flakes) and Pride. I don't know what colors are going to be discontinued yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PatrIcia, do own Starry Night, and this piece of news would explain the suddent bump I see on the searches for that shade after all this time, lol. I had no idea, thank you for the heads up, I will update both posts with this info!! <3

      Delete
  6. I just saw you already have Starry Night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Sinful Colors problem... I always think: well, I could buy a soda and gum, or.... for less than that... heck, Sinful Colors it is!

      Delete
  7. Energetic Red looks like a neon red. It looks like it glows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NEON RED! That is the perfect description! Yes it has a glow quality to it and it's just SO bright, I love it!

      Delete