Saturday, February 1, 2014

Sinful Colors Sham-Rockin Collection Swatches (St Patty's Day 2014)

Hello my beautiful people, are we ready for Saint Patty's yet?  I know I am not, we haven't even had Saint Valentine's day yet!  It doesn't matter today though, I am so excited about the collection I am sharing today that I am willing to skip Valentine's for this day only to show you the new collection Sinful Colors just put out: Sham-Rockin!  Are you guys ready for some greens?  Good, so am I so let's get to it!
Sinful Colors Sham-Rockin




The first color I have for you today is Pistache, a pastel pistachio creme repromote from last spring.
Sinful colors Pistache
The application for pistachio was really nice, it was opaque after two coats, although I am wearing three on both pictures, no topcoat.


The next polish is Exotic Green, a dusty kelly green Jelly that is part of the SC core line.   
Sinful Colors Exotic Green
The application for Exotic Green was nice, but as expected with jellies, a few coats are needed to cover the nail line.  I am wearing three coats for these pictures, check out that squishy shiny goodness!

Up next is Snow White, a white creme that is also part of the Sinful Colors core line.  Snow Me White is a very pigmented white creme, I am wearing two coats for both pictures, no topcoat.
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
I can't say enough good things about this polish!  Although I haven't wore it alone, ever... I don't ever reach for another white, this little guy does the job when a simple white base is needed!

Our next polish is one of my favorites, EVER: Green Ocean.  This shade pops up every year for St Patty's and is a limited edition shade.
Sinful Colors Green Ocean
Y'all know I am a sucker for flakies, and Green Ocean is an ultra-sheer green jelly base with a bunch of opalescent green flakies and glitter.  I am wearing one coat over Pistache for both of these pictures.

Remember how I said Snow Me White was my favorite white base?  Here is why!  I layered two coats of Green Ocean over Snow Me White for the following two pictures:

The flakies in Green Ocean take on a pinkish tone under certain lights!  This reminds me of opal, I really like this combo!


I have another polish from the Sinful Colors core line next, Call You Later.
Sinful Colors Call You Later
Call You Later is a clear base packed with green and gold micro-glitter.  I layered two coats over Exotic Green for these pictures.

Next up is HD Nails, a bright metallic green that is part of their core line as well.
Sinful Colors HD Nails
The formula on HD nails was super pigmented and pleasant, I am wearing three coats for these pictures but it was opaque in two.

Next is another metallic, and my personal favorite of the metallic bunch: San Francisco.
Sinful Colors San Francisco
San Francisco is a metallic green, but this one has some extra sparkle and the color is more intense.  I am wearing three coats for both of these pictures.

Last but not least, I have Sin-Ammon, a bright golden yellow metallic.
Sinful Colors Colors Sin-Ammon

I really like this color!  It was released back in November, but hadn't landed in my area until recently and it was sold out (or never put out on display?) on the Rite Aid I spotted this collection first, but my local Walgreens had it too so I snagged one up to complete this review! I had thought at first it would be "just another gold" but it is  super bright and metallic, really different from any golds I have.  The application was also nice, I am wearing three coats for these pictures with no topcoat.

I liked Sin-Ammon so much I decided to keep it on, and to stay in the Saint Patty's theme I paired it with one coat of Call You Later and I'm loving it!
Call You Later over Sin-Ammon
Isn't it an awesome pairing?  I feel so royal!




So what do you guys think of these shades?  I was surprised to find the Saint Patty's theme but no Saint Valentine's, is love and friendship no longer a popular commercial concept?  Why the neglect towards the romantics, Sinful Colors?  :)

-Yadi

9 comments:

  1. What a fantastic review, Yadi! I am loving San Francisco, Call You Later, and Green Ocean. And that last combo is goregous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 I am now thinking layering it Call Yo Later over San Francisco would also look pretty, but I really liked that last one too :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome review! I have always meant to pick up 'Snow Me White' to keep around as an extra white, because I continue to hear good things about it. However though, I seem to have a lot of trouble out of SC's formula (including a couple of the above). I can't figure it out, I NEVER hear anyone else complain about their formula's....only me, lol just my luck! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April, thank you for stopping by!!! I think I know what you mean, it might be one of those "matter of preference" situations with the formulas. I know there is a big difference within SC from one shade to another... if you don't like thick consistency, you probably won't like Snow Me White or Pistache. If you have a problem with thinner ones, you probably won't like Exotic Green. I actually like the thicker ones but I know a few people who only like the two I mentioned after a few drops of polish thinner, so maybe that can help. :)

      Delete
  3. It really can vary among different batches it seems. Or if it's been sitting in the store a while too. If you try Snow Me White, buy it from a display. I bought it in my store from the core rack and it was goopy so I exchanged it for one from one of the displays. It was fine.

    As for this display, I love it. I've wanted Pistache for so long but it never showed up in my store last year. Well we got this display and I bought it right away. I'm waiting very patiently for a .99 sale at Walgreens to buy more from this display. But we haven't gotten the mod displays in yet, I'm hoping it comes soon!!! I love Call You Later and I have San Francisco but haven't used it in over five years, maybe I should change that!!

    ReplyDelete