Sunday, November 3, 2013

Milani Totally Cool & L'oreal Miss Pixie Make Decent Unicorn Pee!

I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween and Dia de los Muertos weekend, It was awesome and super busy for us!  Boy, am I glad to be able to sit here and sip on my coffee and blog with my pretty nails while my husband takes care of our kiddo, life feels perfect... now!

Not having ever experienced unicorn pee type nail polish left a hole in my soul, so I set out to patch it RIGHT. MEOW! (Super Troopers anyone?)   I am pretty happy with the results.  :)
Milani Totally Cool over L'oreal Miss Pixie
I was at the Dollar Tree store last Wednesday picking up a couple of last minute things for Halloween and of course, went in the make-up section.  They had a few Milani polishes and I picked up one of each color because.. $1 (insert serious face here).  When I got home and swatched this on my nail I nearly fell back, I figured with a tad more blue it would work because it was So. Close...!
So, I started with a base of my jelly-est blue: L'oreal Miss Pixie.  Two coats still had some patches, but I just wanted the base color :)  Then I added two coats of Milani Totally Cool and topped it off with a coat of NYC Grand Central Station as a topcoat.
I am happy enough with this that I will hold off on dropping the bigger bucks for Max Factor's Fantasy Fire (God knows I would never afford Clarins 230!)- I will, however, put it on my b-day list!  ;)

Well, what's your opinion?  Am I being blasphemous by calling this combo Unicorn Pee?  :)

-Yadi

8 comments:

  1. Wow...this looks absolutely lovely! I personally haven't experienced The Amazing Aura of Fantasy Fire, so I'm not an expert...but this looks great regardless. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You know, I am nominating you for the classiest lady in the web when the award comes up because you find the fanciest adjectives, I love it!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the way this looks! Shame on me for not having ANYTHING by Milani. I'm not sure why I don't own anything by them. This makes me want to go buy this polish though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel lucky I never did before because I got about five for a dollar each, but I know what you mean... nothing they made really jumped out for me before, I'm not sure why either!

      Delete
  3. Good job! It does look really similar to the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the metalic feel to this shade !

    ReplyDelete