Monday, October 21, 2013

Revlon Whimsical - Mermaid Week, Day 7

I tried to do some killer nail art I had envisioned for today's post, but after a couple of hours it became evident that wasn't going to happen... what a mess!

Instead, I am closing Mermaid Week with one of my (and everyone's) favorites: Revlon Whimsical.






 Whimsical is a super sheer, dusty green with small and normal sized pink/blue glitter.  I am wearing two coats over a coat of Ulta's Set the Nude and under a coat of Grand Central Station from NYC as a topcoat.



I have a love/hate relationship with this polish.  I tried to wear it alone many times with no success... until I tried it with nude undies.  I have to say, it looks gorgeous but I still have issues with how thin the formula is, it gets a little runny.

Oh well, I can't complain too much... as you can see, half the bottle is gone, which says a lot considering my stash!


So this concludes my Mermaid Week, I hope you enjoyed my glitters as much as I enjoyed sharing them!




-Yadi

6 comments:

  1. I like the dusty green shade and the glitter just add more charm to it (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love wearing this shade, it makes me feel so girly without too much pink, lol!

      Delete
  2. It certainly looks great over the nude! I wanted it but changed my mind when I saw how sheer it is, now I regret not getting it...Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Using a nude basecoat has saved so many polishes for me including this one, it hides the the nail line without altering the color of the polish. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm with you about the love/hate relationship. I got so frustrated trying to wear this that I didn't even try wearing over any undies...so there is sits in my collection. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to be understood! :) Too pretty to let it go, too complicated to wear. Hate those nail dilemmas!

      Delete