Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sinful Colors Leather Luxe & Mattes Swatches: The New, The Old, The Classics... Part One

Hey guys, do you guys remember when Sinful Colors came out with the Leather Luxe collection?  It was a bit before I started this blog, I'm guessing early September.  Well, I purchased it then, and it was a good thing because the bottles started FLYING off the shelves at Walgreens.  Okay, the collection is back!  Not only that, but there are new shades and, it turns out, a few old ones that fit this collection; although they are not officially part of it that I am aware.  Okay!  Let's get started!


I am going to start with Leather Loose:

Sinful Colors Leather Loose, no topcoat



Leather Loose is a matte deep brown jelly packed with glassy/gold flakes. It is stunning both matte and glossy.

Sinful Colors Leather Loose, with topcoat



Next, we have Strapped, a matte intense teal.
Sinful Colors Strapped, No Topcoat


  This is another one of my favorites!

Sinful Colors Strapped, with topcoat



Third, we have Whipped.

Sinful Colors Whipped, No topcoat



 Whipped is a matte black.


Sinful Colors Whipped, with topcoat


 ... and last, we have Get It On, a gorgeous cranberry crème.

Sinful Colors Get it on, no topcoat




I LOVE this when it's glossy!

Sinful Colors Get It On, with topcoat


... and that's it for today.  All of the shades shown today are part of the original display that is now available at Walmart.  Check back tomorrow for part two!

-Yadi


5 comments:

  1. Leather Loose is gorgeous! I like all of the mattes...with top coat. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes the topcoat really gives the mattes that extra luster they so desperately lack. hahaha!

      Delete
  2. I JUST saw these tonight at my Wal-Mart for the first time ever, and looked at 3 out of the 4 shades you showed here! I had NO clue they were the matte/leather collection though! LOL that would've been a surprise when I painted, expecting a glossy creme finish. :) I'm glad I stumbled upon this post.. I think I'm going to need Strapped and maybe Get it On...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, welcome! Isn't it a little bit ironic that these bottles seem to be in the shiniest bottles? I know that was the first thing I noticed about them, one would expect a glossy finish! Also, how funny do these names sound in a sentence when taken out of context? LOL!

      Delete
    2. Uhh yeah, it would seem they definitely were going with a S&M-esque theme?! :P
      Does it say ANYwhere on the display or on the bottle that they are matte polishes? 'Cuz unless you're obsessed with polish like we are, I bet most people will be in for a surprise if they buy these!

      Delete