Saturday, December 7, 2013

Essie On A Silver Platter

I am a big fan of Essie.  I know it's one of those brands people love or hate, and I'm with the lovers!  I love the square bottles and how convenient they are for storing; I love their small brushes and thin, fast drying formulas, you get what I'm saying...  Today I have On A Silver Platter to share with you:

Essie On A Silver Platter

It's safe to say this is the most complex nail polish I own.  There is so much going on here!  It seems to be a gold micro-shimmer base with a bit of a duochrome shift; it looks greenish in a certain angles and has a foil-ish finish.    There is also a lot of metallic blue glitter of different sizes in there too, and some scattered holographic silver glitter of different sizes as well.  Cray cray, right?  Here are a few more pictures.




I am wearing two coats and a layer of Seche Vite for all pictures.

I don't know guys... I think I don't like it.  :(  I mean it's gorgeous in the bottle, but on my nails it seems to be too busy for me to enjoy looking at it.  It's distracting, I don't know how to describe the negative feeling I get from it.  I will probably try layering it over black later, but as of now, I'm calling this my first disappointment from Essie.

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I agree there is so much going on with glitter but I like it (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the biggest problem is how "in your face" it is, I couldn't stop looking at my nails every couple of minutes!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh! I'm so glad you're back! :) And I like this. It's rather nuts.

    ReplyDelete