Monday, December 23, 2013

China Glaze Strawberry Fields vs. Sally Hansen Twisted Pink

Hello guys!  How is everyone doing on this lonely Monday, stuck between a weekend and a holiday? 

I have a comparison for you.  I picked up Twisted Pink at Rite Aid last week for around 70 cents on clearance.  It reminded me of China Glaze Strawberry Fields in the bottle, so naturally I swatched them side by side on my nails and I have the results to share with you today!  Let's get to it:
China Glaze Strawberry Fields Vs Sally Hansen Twisted Pink

In the bottle they look really similar, especially when you look up close.  They seem to be a similar shade of pink with small gold glass flecks.  Here is a closer look:


How close are they on the nail?  Well... not very close at all.




I am wearing three coats of each for all pictures: Strawberry Fields on my index and ring fingers, and Twisted Pink on my middle finger and pinky.  No base/topcoat.




Strawberry Fields has a jelly base that is warmer, it leans more towards coral.  Actually, it reminds me of watermelon!  Twisted pink on the other hand has a cream base and it's significantly brighter and cooler, it leans more towards fuchsia. 









No dupes here, they are entirely different in every aspect outside of the bottle.  Here is the biggest difference: the glass flecks get lost in Twisted Pink once it's on the nail. :(  You have to work really hard on focusing your eyes to even catch them, but with Strawberry Fields it's the opposite, perhaps because of the jelly base - they sparkle all over the place like crazy! :)


So, I think we can all agree there are not dupes.  I think Strawberry Fields has a more special quality to it, but if you can get your hands on Twisted Pink and you like bright pinks, you probably won't regret spending those 70 cents!  :)

-Yadi

2 comments:

  1. Those pink polishes look beautiful on your nails! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love pinks but for some reason I haven't featured many on here, go figure! I should get on that :)

      Delete