Friday, September 19, 2014

Sinful Colors Wicked Color Collection Halloween 2014

*Purchased by me*

Hello my pretties!  Are we looking forward to the weekend?  If you didn't have a fantastic week, I have news that might cheer you up.  If you did have a great week, perhaps this will be the cherry on top!

First of all, and I hope you guys were already aware of this: Sinful Colors is on sale for ninety-nine cents at Walgreens through tomorrow.  The bad news here is that the sale ends tomorrow, so we are working against the clock guys!

With the juicy news out of the way, let's "conjure up something sinful" and get to the swatches!
Sinful Colors Fall 2014
Sinful Colors Wicked Color Halloween Collection

Of course we will start with my favorite, which also happens to be one of the three new shades in the Walgreens display: Mystery Moonshine

SC Mystery Moonshine
Sinful Colors Mystery Moonshine
Mystery Moonshine is a combination of green, orange, and blue metallic shards.
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
I am wearing two coats of Mystery Moonshine over Black on Black, topped with a coat of Seche Vite.
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
 The next color I have for you is Cauldron Couture.
Sinful Colors Cauldron Couture
Sinful Colors Cauldron Couture
Cauldron Couture is a mix of metallic green and black shards plus glitter, suspended in a clear base.
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
I am wearing two coats over Sinful Colors Let's Meet, plus a coat of Seche Vite.
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014

The third new shade in this collection is Splatter Spell.

Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
Sinful Colors Splatter Spell

Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
Splatter Spell is a mix of copper and black shards plus glitter, suspended in a clear base.  I am wearing two coats over Courtney Orange, and a coat of Seche Vite.
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014

This next shade is Starry Night, and it is part of the core display.
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
Sinful Colors Starry Night
Starry Night is a black base with holographic small glitter and golden shards. 
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
I had shared Starry Night when it first came out here, you know I love re-swatching so of course that is just what I did today.  Two coats, topped off with Seche Vite for your viewing pleasure!
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
 Next up is Pumpkin Spice.  Pumpkin Spice is a combination of small golden and red glitter suspended in a clear base.  You are looking at  three coats plus topcoat.
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
Sinful Colors Pumpkin Spice

Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
This shade drove me a little bananas last year because I didn't pick it up initially and then I couldn't find it anymore.  I think I ended up buying it at Big Lots around January.
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014

The next shade I have for you guys is Let's Talk
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
Sinful Colors Let's Talk
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
Let's Talk is a purple shimmer with a slight pink shift.  I am wearing two coats plus a coat of Seche Vite for the pictures I have today.
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
The next shade is Courtney Orange.
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
Sinful Colors Courtney Orange

Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
Courtney Orange is a bright pumpkin orange shimmer, I am wearing two coats plus Seche Vite.
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
The last shade in this collection is Black on Black.
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
Sinful Colors Black on Black
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014
Black on Black is a black creme, nothing spectacular but definitely a decent black.  I am wearing two coats, no topcoat.
Sinful Colors Halloween 2014


So that's it guys, what do you think about this collection?  I did not really find any issues with any of the polishes in it.  I do recommend working the shards carefully in order to avoid dragging the base color around, otherwise I find it overall lovely, BUT... the three new shades are my favorites :)

Did you pick any up?
-Yadi

12 comments:

  1. lovely blog and amazing swatches ( I must go for shopping ;)
    Mystery Moonshine is gorgeous!
    Happy to follow you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and welcome! <3 Mystery Moonshine is my favorite too!

      Delete
  2. Let's Talk is not new is it? I think I have that one but not sure lol...great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, welcome! You are right, Let's Talk is not new at all, it actually got discontinued and is now a re-promote! How hilarious is that? Thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  3. wow have you changed your blog layout!!!!
    I love it, your blog looks great :)

    Love these swatches as well <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julia, thank you! <3 I have been playing with the layout a little lately, so happy to hear you like it, and the swatches! :)

      Delete
  4. The glitters are very Halloween-ish, maybe except the Starry Night. My picks are Cauldron Couture and Let's Talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girly, thank you for stopping by, I agree! I really like that Let's Talk and Cauldron Couture combo and I think I am wearing them for actual Halloween this year!

      Delete
  5. I love the shades but my favorite is Mystery Moonshine very halloween-y :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You know what they say about great minds ;) That is also my favorite! <3

      Delete