Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Milani Bella Blue Lipstick & Nail Polish

*Purchased by me*

A few weeks ago, Mr Chuckles (my husband) called me from Walgreens, very excited, to ask if I had a specific Milani shade.  I instantly knew I didn't; I don't own many Milani polishes and I am not sure as to the reason for the neglect, but I only own about ten.  Actually, I don't think they go on sale much, most of the ones I have are basically discontinued shades I picked up on clearance.  There have been awesome exceptions of course, like here, or here, where I actually bought them the first time I saw them.

In any case, Mr Chuckles sounded real giddy and must have experienced something similar, because he came home with this:
 

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?!  Score!!!! OMG the nineties are back!  I'm starting with the lipstick because I thought it was cute that he actually wanted me to wear it, so I did like Tobias Funke and then very happily took some pictures. 

Milani Bella Blue Lipstick
Yeah...
Get it, because my lips? -.-

Alright, let's get back to business with this lipstick.  I am not sure what the deal is with the sheer coverage.  I laid it on thick, but was unable to cover the red in my lips.  What you see in the first picture below is after maybe four, six layers?
As you can see, it is pretty streaky (is that even a thing with lipsticks?) and seemed to get more evident the more I tried to build it up.  So I thought: I should bring it down a knotch, perhaps it's meant to be more of a "sheer tint" lip product.  The picture below is one "layer".
It still pools along the grooves on my lips, so sadly I don't think that was the trick to make this work.  I don't know guys, perhaps a lip primer... maybe some concealer?  I am going to revisit this lipstick at some point because I really want to make it work for me, but for now I don't know I would wear it alone, though Mr Chuckles claims to love the way it looks on me.  He's nice :) 

Okay, now let's get to the reason I blog: this is the nail polish version of Milani Bella Blue:
 Hot dog you guys!  I love this!  It's a black base packed with teal shimmer.  There is also a shift from blue to purple that is most evident in the bottle on this picture, but in person it actually transferred nicely to the nails, I was just unable to capture it here.
 You are looking at two coats, topped off with a coat of Seche Vite.
 

 I know this Bella Blue collection also includes a couple of mascaras.  I don't think blue lashes will work for me, so this is all I have for you today.  I haven't seen the mascaras "swatched" yet, have any of you tried them? 

-Yadi

PS.  I leave you with a song that I managed to remind myself of with this post and now my brain can't stop. :)

4 comments:

  1. The nail polish is pretty but I wouldn't wear the lipstick... not 'mine' ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I hear ya, there is a certain melancholy factor for me, the nineties were a fun time to be a teenager!:)

      Delete
  2. Would any of us wind up with blue lipsticks if our husbands didn't think they were getting us something funny since that's all our cosmetics obsessions are to them anyway?? Sweet, dear men. Thx for the swatches. I was wondering what these would look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pffft girl, I hadn't even *considered* the sarcastic angle.. Gotta love them!! LOL! :)

      Delete