Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sally Hansen Grape Shifter & Julie G Royal Rebel

Hi guys, I have many exciting things to share with you today.  Let's start with my nails because I am in love with this combo!

Sally Hansen Grape Shifter over Julie G Royal Rebel

Julie G Royal Rebel, two coats.
I started with two coats of Julie Royal Rebel, an awesome blurple with violet shimmer (which I picked up on clearance, read all the way to the end of this post for more info!).  In the picture above I am wearing two coats with no top/base coats.  Then, I added a coat of Grape Shifter and topped them off with a coat of Seche Vite.


I had spotted Grape Shifter at Walgreens a few weeks ago, but there wasn't any sale that I could take advantage of, so I waited a bit to see if they would come out with some sort of BOGO or coupon of some sort... it hasn't happened yet.  This was the last bottle left on the only store I saw this shade, so I grabbed it at the normal price of $5.99, which is highly unusual of me.  I am so glad I did, I would have been so mad if I had missed out on this, it's so pretty!

Grape Shifter has a clear base packed with oodles of glitter.  We have soft blue microglitter with regular sized fuchsia and large silver holo hexagonal glitters.


So the other things I wanted to share with you guys are a couple of sales I took advantage of this week.  I was in Rite Aid and they have tons of clearance items in the beauty section, so I picked up Julie Royal Rebel for under $2.00... but seriously, they have tons of cosmetics at 50-75% off, I also picked up an extra bottle of Revlon Whimsical for 75% off (which I  swatched here previously), I'm afraid it's being discontinued!

Also, FYI: China Glaze is on sale on Sally's Beauty Supply through today.  It's kind of crazy, they are $5.50 each with a Sally's card.  On top of that, they are BOGO Free, and they throw in a white teddy bear with the purchase of two :)  We're talking $2.25 per bottle, and it includes their current holiday collection!!!  It's going on through today, I am way tempted to go back...   :)

So that's it for today, I wish everyone a happy week!

EDIT: It looks like Target has added Grape Shifter to their core line, no more searching!!!! 
-Yadi

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty together!! I haven't seen Shape Shifter, and I don't think I've seen Royal Rebel, but I love Julie G polishes. <3 I happened up on one of those 75% off sales myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I am pretty sure Royal Rebel is getting discontinued :( I only own about 8 of the Julie G line and most are from the gumdrop line... they are pretty cool! How did you do with that sale my friend? LOL, I think I hyperventilated at some point while trying to make up my mind, there was SO MUCH on clearance it was insane!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is a gorgeous duo!! I haven't seen either of these polishes, but I can't wait to get Grape Shifter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have only seen Grape Shifter at Rite Aid and more recently Kmart, not sure why it's not available elsewhere because it is really pretty!!!

      Delete
  3. The purple polish looks amazing in combination with the topcoat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the minute I saw them next to each other I knew it would make for a great combo!

      Delete