Tuesday, October 22, 2013

China Glaze Ruby Pumps, Sally Hansen Red Carpet and Finger Paints Romanticism Ruby Comparison.

Who doesn't love China Glaze's Ruby Pumps?  It's a classic, the polish that started it all for me.  Super fine red glitter suspended in a red jelly base, perfect two coater formula, easy removal... what's not to love about it?  Needless to say, when I found out Sally Hansen made a dupe, I just had to get it as my Ruby Pumps bottle was almost gone.



I got Finger Paints' Romanticism Ruby as part of a nail art monthly subscription I joined (and soon left) last year, I believe I got this for February.  Again, the bottle looks pretty close, I will explain the differences (which are minimal) with the swatches below. I am wearing three coats of each:
Ruby Pumps on my index and pinky, Red Carpet on my middle and Romanticism Ruby on my ring finger.



The base on Red Carpet is pretty similar to Ruby Pumps, though slightly more pigmented.  The formula is a little thicker but not problematic.


Romanticism Ruby has the darkest base and thickest formula.  Perhaps a couple of drops of thinner might help, because it really gave me trouble with the one nail.

Ruby Pumps has the most glitter, Romanticism Ruby and Red Carpet are a close tie, though Romanticism Ruby seems to have a tiny more.  All in all, Ruby Pumps is still the winner in my opinion.  Red Carpet is a good frugal alternative, the difference really is really small.

I know this is now a popular shade of red, do you know of any additional similar shades I didn't include?

-Yadi

4 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a liebster award :)
    http://obscenelyblue.blogspot.com/2013/10/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comparison post! It's a shame that Romanticism Ruby was so thick...I think it's my favorite one because it looks to be the deepest red. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does have the deepest base, and it's not a horrible formula but it's definitely my least favorite of the three because of it.

      Delete