Sunday, March 2, 2014

FingerPaints Monochromatic Mayhem


Hi guys, I have a candidate to be my favorite pink polish for you to check out today.  It is one of the FingerPaints' newly added core shades and let me just say it, it looks amazing!!!  Check it out:
FingerPaints Monochromatic Mayhem
For the following pictures, I am wearing three coats of Monochromatic Mayhem topped with two coats of Seche Vite.

Monochromatic Mayhem is a bright cranberry jelly base seriously packed with multi-sized hex fuschia glitter.  Enjoy all the beauty here for a minute.  Isn't it lovely?
I don't know guys, maybe I'm a masochist but I think I can love Monochromatic Mayhem despite a couple of troubles I feel I should still mention for the sake of this review.

First off, the formula on Monochromatic Mayhem was a tad thick and gloopy, so it applied a little lumpy.  As you can see in the macro shot above, two coats of Seche Vite are not enough to completely smooth out the finish.  It reminded me a little of Essie's Leading Lady, you know what I mean?  It's like the jelly dries ultra-fast and makes the glitter stick to the brush and each other, creating funky little lumps, which can then be smoothed out with two/three layers of topcoat. 

Now, I have worn this polish three times in two weeks.  I know right? That is insane!  I just love-love-love the way it looks and really do want to embrace it as my new lucky polish, but I have one issue with it that is holding me back and that is longevity.  I haven't been able to make this polish stay on my nails longer than 12 hours.  What is the deal with that?  I don't know if I'm doing something wrong!  Here's the scoop: The first time I wore it, I didn't use a basecoat, the second I used Seche Clear and the third Seche Base, and I feel it didn't make a difference, they all started slipping off my nails within hours.

So I will keep my mind open to a new lucky pink polish, but for the time being, Monochromatic Mayhem is it.  As far as the issues with longevity go, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, otherwise I may just have to deal with it!

I purchased Monochromatic Mayhem at Sally's during their BOGO free deal last month, it retails for around $5.00

-Yadi


2 comments:

  1. That is crazy!! I mean, WHEN does a jelly come off like that? Things slide off my nails like nobody's business, but jellies hold up better than anything else, including textures. Even so, this polish is really beautiful. It's just too bad you have to put up with all that to be able to enjoy it. :/ Lovely pics too. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Thank you! I feel the same way! It really is lovely though!

      Delete