Monday, March 10, 2014

FingerPaints Gorgeous Graffiti & Claire's Confetti

Hello my lovely polish fiends, how was everybody's weekend?  Did everyone (in most of the the US?) remember to set the clock an hour forward Sunday?  I worked in retail in the late 90's and it's funny looking back, how no matter how many reminders were given leading up to the leap forward, someone was always late that Sunday.  I mean we had staff meetings, posters on the door, in the break-room, shot-outs from management on the way out the day before.  It didn't matter, at some point someone would forget.  I cannot imagine that being an issue this day in age anymore when everything updates automatically and I guess that is a good thing.  The only clock that needed adjusting around here was in the kitchen but here's the proof I'm an old, old soul when it comes to technology: I kind of miss the old manual days... am I alone with this one?

Today I have an exquisite pair of polishes to share with you guys, have a look!
FingerPaints Gorgeous Graffiti & Claire's Confetti


Gorgeous Graffiti really is a gorgeous intense fuchsia with blue micro-shimmer.  I don't think this is part of the new core line because I have only seen it in one of my Sally's stores, but it is in the newer  logo bottles with the new, revamped flat-sided brush.  Application was pretty cool, I am wearing three coats for the first two pictures I am sharing today, check it out.
FingerPaints Gorgeous Graffiti - No topcoat
Worth mentioning about Gorgeous Graffiti is the fact that it dries semi-matte, so you have to apply pretty quickly if you want to wear it without a topcoat but keeping the finish smooth, because it dries super fast.  I liked the way it looks matte, so I snapped a couple of pictures for you guys before adding a topcoat for your viewing pleasure and here they are: three layers, no topcoat.


Isn't it pretty?  But wait, are you ready for the glorious shiny feast that Gorgeous Graffiti turns out to be with a layer of Seche Vite topcoat?  Brace yoursef!  Boom!
FingerPaints Gorgeous Graffiti with topcoat



I find myself searching for words that can describe the beauty of this polish.  I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.


Seriously gorgeous stuff.  FingerPaints, I love you!


The second polish I have to share with you is Claire's Confetti.
 
Claire's Confetti

Claire's Confetti is a clear base packed with gold, blue and fuchsia hexagonal glitter along with lots of small white bar glitter.


I got this shade at Claire's around mid December for $4.50... actually, it turned out to be a tad bit less, since they always have the BOGO 50% off on polishes but that is the retail price.  I am wearing one dabbed coat over FingerPaints Gorgeous Graffiti and topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite.



I really like this glitter!  The only problem I had with Confetti was the brush, because it kind of curves at the end and makes application a little more complicated, but it's not too bad for dabbing, which is what I did here.



Wellp, that's it for today!  I hope everyone has a phenomenal week and I will see you guys next time!

-Yadi

3 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you have created another lemming. This is kind of like Sephora Formula X Hyped. I want it. It shall be mine. kthanxbye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha ooooopsie! I hadn't checked out Hyped yet and hey, the good news is the price tag for Gorgeous Graffiti is only 1/3 of the Sephora, so it's a good thing, amirite? You're welcome B-)

      Delete