Tuesday, February 4, 2014

FingerPaints Rock My World 2014 Collection Swatches


Hello my fellow polish enthusiasts, I am back with another "rockin'" collection, this time from my favorite pro underdog, Finger Paints: Rock My World.  Through the month of February, Sally's is running a BOGO free special on ALL Finger Paints.  You guys... I'm addicted.  They have added SO many new shades to their core line, I have spent countless hours looking through them trying to make up my mind about how many I actually *need*... but who am I kidding, I need them all! #firstworldproblem

I should clarify there is a catch to the sale: it is limited to one free bottle per transaction on their system, but not in the promotion.  What does this mean?  Well, at the first location (where I bought Rock My World) it meant two transactions back to back; at the second (where I got the new flakies!) the person ringing me up did a price over-ride and still rang me up BOGO free for the entire Kaleidoscope collection, which I will share in my next post.  So just a heads up, be prepared for some possible confusion at the register.

Anyways, back to today's pretties!  My friends, I present you the newest FingerPaints Collection: Rock My World!

Rock My World by FingerPaints

I saw the Rock My World display at my local Sally's and bought it thinking they would be regular metallics, because there was nothing about them online that I could find.  They are definitely metallics, but they are also textured!  You guys know I love textured polishes, I was so wrong, so right! ;) On their FB page, Finger Paints advises to skip the topcoat to maximize the texture effect, so I did this once!



The first color in this collection is Rockin Gunmetal, a metallic textured silver.
FingerPaints Rockin Gunmetal
I like the texture they gave these polishes, it reminds me of the ones Sally Hansen has on the Sugar Coat line... it's a really fine grainy texture.


The second shade I have to share with you today is Pretty Tough Pink, a textured metallic rose pink.
FingerPaints Pretty Tough Pink
 The formula on all of these polishes was very consistent, I am wearing two coats for all swatches in today's post.


Next up is Rock Hard Lilac, a textured metallic periwinkle blue.
FingerPaints Rock Hard Lilac
 I had My camera had a tough time capturing this particular shade, on my nails the color does lean slightly more purple but I don't think I would go as far as calling it lilac because it is overall dominantly blue.


Last but certainly not least, I have Stone Cold Pewter.
FingerPaints Stone Cold Pewter
Okay guys, it's confession time:  I have no idea what makes a color pewter in the nail polish arena.  I googled it, and the results confuse me, so... keep that in mind.  I find Stone Cold Pewter to be a textured metallic silver with hints of olive, if it make sense.

Okay, it's a textured metallic pewter, let's keep it simple.  Yo Finger Paints, baby... I trust your naming! ;)


So, final thoughts on this collection.  I really like it.  I am really impressed with FingerPaints, they just revamped the entire brand and along with upgrading their core line, they renewed their logo and brushes.  The new brushes are wider and allow for better control and more even distribution of the polish.  In terms of the concept of metallic textured, I think Finger Paints got it right where China Glaze and their Crinkled collection went wrong.  The finish on Rock My World is textured but tidy, where the bars in the CG's Crinkled seemed like overkill, and it's what ultimately turned me off that one.  So all and all, I am extremely happy I purchased these and will be back for (with!) some more! 

-Yadi


10 comments:

  1. So i had a $5 off coupon from Sally's when I joined their card thingy and I lost it. I refuse to go to Sally's now because you made me want these. I know that technically I only really want the blue and the pink ones, but the collector in me won't let me just buy two. I completely agree with you in that this is what CG could have done but instead they gave us disgusting chromes with bar glitter. BARF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah I hate losing coupons... I usually end up finding them the day after they expire, so I'm wishing you a timely re-spotting of yours! This is the weekend to go if you decide to, on top of the BOGO free they have an extra 50% off clearance, so... I don't know how I feel about it, I just cleared out all the discounted / discontinued FInger Paints I didn't have this week and now I could have paid half... guess it's time to go look at the not-Finger Paints now. :) I had the same dilemma when I saw them, I wasn't sure about getting Rockin' Gunmetal but three felts too... odd. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the swatches! I didn't even know these released- i now must have Rock Hard Lilac! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phoebe, thank you for stopping by, and you are welcome! I only found out about it when I saw the display so don't feel too bad! I am a sucker for blues, that was definitely my favorite too!

      Delete
  3. Wow. Awesome! I love the pink and blue polish.

    xo Maddy | spilledpolish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like them too... the blue one is my absolute favorite but the pink is also very pretty, I don't regret any of them though, pretty much love them all! :)

      Delete
  4. love to see your swatches ,blue is my fav !
    tnx dear !
    bubica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, literally :) Thank you for stopping by!! xoxo

      Delete
  5. All these nail polishes look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia, welcome! Thank you, I agree, they are cute and very original! Thank you for stopping by! <3

      Delete