Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Neptune by Sinful Colors

Hello my friends, I hope everyone had a fantastic hump day!  :)

It is no secret I am a fan of Sinful Colors... I own around 180 of them and trust me: I HOLD BACK!  What can I say?  With their price tag of $1.99 and regular sales, they are really hard to pass up.  The polish I am sharing today came out with the Cast Away collection, and I had originally passed it up because it landed during a "no buy" month for me.  My husband actually pointed it out to me, but I was convinced it was a dupe for Essie's Smooth Sailing, so I passed it up.  Turns out it wasn't even close, but by the time I went back to the store it was gone.  Lucky for me, it landed at my local Big Lots last weekend, and I only paid a whopping $1!

Sinful Colors Neptune


Neptune is a denim blue with silver speckles.  I kicked myself in the shins for months for passing this up, all the pictures I have ever seen make it look so gorgeous...

Okay, here is the thing: I had a horrible time applying this polish.  Seriously. I don't think I have ever had such a hard time with a polish before.  It's SO thin and runny, it flooded my cuticles constantly.  No matter how much I tried and after much clean up, it still looks messy under a coat of Seche Vite.  I am wearing three coats for all the pictures. 

Ew!  It shrunk.  I don't like it.  Again, I am no pro, maybe a more experienced person can make it work but this was a bit too difficult for me to bother with in the near future. It's going in my swap bin.  :(  Oh well, at least the bottle still looks pretty :)

 -Yadi


2 comments:

  1. The color off this polish is beautiful, I would definitely buy it,
    but what a pity that the polish is so hard to apply on your nails :(

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't complain too much for the price and the pretty color, I am just spoiled by polish so much that I get picky lol. I don't regret buying it!

      Delete