Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mermaid Week Day 3: Sinful Colors Nail Junkie

I am not sure what Sinful Colors was thinking when they named this shade.  Nail Junkie?  The first thing I thought of when I saw this bottle was mermaids... I love it.  So the Mermaid connection today is visual and not name based, I am sure you will agree!  Check it out:



Nail Junkie is a sheer teal jelly base with blue, green, and gold iridescent normal size glitter along with some gold micro-glitter.  The formula is a bit thick, I am wearing five coats in all pictures under a coat of Color Club topcoat.  I normally like to layer it over black, but that looks more like stars than mermaids so I will leave it for another day, another theme. ;)

I really like this!  There is so much depth that it makes all that layering worth it.  The dry time was fast as expected with jelly glitters... but, don't forget: five layers.


I bought this for $1 during one of Walgreen's sales (retails for $1.99) .

So what do you think?  Does this make you think of mermaids or nail junkies?

-Yadi

13 comments:

  1. It makes me think of lots of acetone! FIVE layers?? It is really pretty though. :) I'd never put the name "Nail Junkie" on it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky it ended up peeling off after doing some cleaning, but I had hoped to keep it a bit longer lol! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I may have been able to get away with two coats over a base color, but where's the fun in that?

      Delete
  3. I love this polish! I definitely need to get it. One of my best friends has a crazy obsession with mermaids, so I'll have to tell her to come look at your blog! 5 layers is just the price to pay for gorgeous glitters... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha send her down, I'll prepare some tea for the occasion! :) You know what it's all about, a few blown minutes is a small price to pay for beauty after all!

      Delete
  4. Wow that's really beautiful! I might have to see if I can get it in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, the brand is super affordable if you can find it, crossing my fingers for you!

      Delete
  5. Nail Junkie is one of my favorites. Layer it over bright green, turquoise, cobalt, black...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pretty, I think my favorite way to wear it is over black too!

      Delete