Monday, December 30, 2013

NYC Top Of Gold (Zoya Maria Luisa Dupe)


Hi guys, how is everyone this Monday?  My goodness, how I love the December holiday season;  season of party every week!  In my family, it kicks off December 12th, then comes the 24th, 25th, 31st...  Then comes January with their Reyes Magos on Jan 6th(three wise men who leave gifts inside children's shoes, like Santa) and the cutting of the Rosca de Reyes, and it closes with  my birthday the 15th!  This last one is not a generally recognized holiday, but it's okay, we still get a day off to celebrate because I'm lucky to share my b-day with one of humanity's greatest: Dr Martin Lurther King Jr.! :) 

Okay, back to present day: I have a super cool polish to share with you today, and it's something I'll probably wear for New Year's.  Check it out:

NYC Top Of Gold


Top of Gold has a clear base with very bright, very large gold colored flakies.  As you guys know, I am a sucker for flakies.  This one is different from Sinful Colors 24 Karat and Essie As Gold as it Gets in the size and color of the flakies.  Top of Gold is very "in your face" gold vs. the other two.
I applied one coat of Top of Gold over Sinful Colors Black Cherry, then added a coat of NYC Grand Central Station as a topcoat.
I picked this polish up at Rite Aid for $1.79, but they have a BOGO 1/2 off Sale going on this week so it came out to be a bit less than that.
So there it is, my new favorite gold flakie!  What do you guys think?

Wishing everyone a happy 2014!!


EDIT: The big rumer around the internet is that this is a Dupe for Zoya Maria Luisa.  I don't own it, so I can't vouch for it but from the pictures I see they are dead on!

-Yadi

No comments:

Post a Comment