Saturday, August 9, 2014

China Glaze History of the World - The Giver Collection

*Purchased by me*

I stopped by my Sally's Thursday and was super happy to see that The Giver Collection had finally arrived.  I saw Phoebe's swatches over at Glimpses of the Moon and had been stalking my stores waiting for it, so I picked up three shades that day and was planning on returning for the rest this weekend, but the  extra 50% off clearance that is going on right now put the brakes on that for at least another week.  I went a little bit overboard.  I had told Chuckles to hold me back and stop me from purchasing any more polishes until my swatch situation gets under control, but of course the second they threw a LE in the mix the plan changed.  "I'll just pick these up" I told myself on Thursday.  Then Friday came the flash sale and my good intentions of self control and measure went down the drain.  I don't know guys, how could I not buy all the $1 China Glaze and Orly's?  Couldn't walk away from it.  I may need therapy...  In any case, here is one of the three polishes I picked up from this collection: History of the World by China Glaze.
China Glaze History of the World

History of the World is part of the The Giver Collection, and it's a greyed out dark blurple.  Yeah, it's complicated but beautiful!  I am wearing two coats for the pictures you see here, no topcoat.
The formula for this polish was really nice.  My bottle had a brush that was a bit wonky but the formula itself was easy to work with and did a nice job of self-leveling despite the funky bristles on my brush.
  China Glaze's current shades are on sale for $5.49 this month at Sally Beauty Supply.

So, are you guys picking up this collection?  The associate at Sally's told me she was surprised to see how fast they are flying out, so I suggest hurrying over to yours if you haven't or you might miss out.

Have a fun Saturday and be safe!
-Yadi

8 comments:

  1. Girlllll, you picked up my favorite! I'm sorry you got a wonky brush- but I feel like this one is a must-have! I SO want to go do some retail therapy at Sally this weekend but I'm trying to be good (lolz ya right). I love those red tag flash sales- they're so hard to resist!!! I wanna know what you picked up mami :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end I left behind Capacity to See Beyond, Community, Friends Forever, Right? and New Birth. It was NOT an easy choice and it's not definitive, we'll see what happens next weekend lol. As far as the sale goes, I picked up the entire Off Shore collection and a few randoms, looks like Orly is discontinuing some core shades, there were a few of those at the clearance table too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, I agree it is very unique, I have nothing like it!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your honest opinion on this shade wit hus!
    The quality of your pictures looks always amazing ;)

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, thank you for stopping by! I'm totally flattered that you like my pictures! <3

      Delete
  4. oughhhhhh ! fantastic color ! so rare and very nice indeed , like it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am working on swatching the rest of this collection. There are many great ones!

      Delete