Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sinful Colors Simmer Down Collection Swatches (picture heavy!)

Hi guys, I hope you like reds... because I have Sinful Colors' Simmer Down Collection and it's definitely hot.  Red hot!  So I hope you are ready!  Go ahead, grab a cold drink! 
Sinful Colors Simmer Down Collection



 First off we have Anchors Away, and it's in the minority here because it doesn't involve red, though it is a warm shade :)  Anchors Away is an orange/yellow creme, I am wearing three coats for the following pictures.
Sinful Colors Anchors Away


Next we have Big Daddy, an red/orange jelly.  I am wearing three coats here.
Sinful Colors Big Daddy


 The next shade is Coral Riff, which I had previously reviewed here.
Sinful Colors Coral Riff


Next color is Embers Only, click here to read my friend Melissa's review and pretty swatches.  I am wearing three coats here.
Sinful Colors Embers Only

Next is Gogo Girl, a deep red jelly.  I am wearing three coats for today's pictures.
GoGo Girl
I had picked up and put down GoGo Girl so many times that I had assumed at some point I purchased it.  Nope, nowhere to be found!  I had to bust out the old spreadsheet to confirm I didn't lose it, and then it hit me: I had ONE shade to purchase during the 99 cent sale Walgreens has right now!  So here it is and I'm glad to have it now.

Gold Medal is a metallic gold, I am wearing two coats here. 
Sinful Colors Gold Medal
I had a little lot of trouble applying this shade, metallics are a challenge for me and on top of that I got some bubbles, which is probably my fault but in any case... here's as pretty as I could make it look on me with my skills, lol. 

We have moved on to the textures!  This is Hot Chili, a metallic textured red with scattered holographic glitter.  I am wearing two coats.
Sinful Colors Hot Chili
 
And Here is Hot Chili with topcoat.
Hot Chili With Topcoat

The last shade is Ruby Glisten, a textured berry red jelly with red glitter.
Sinful Colors Ruby Glisten
 Here is Ruby Glisten with topoat.
Ruby Glisten with topcoat


As you can see, every shade except for Anchors Away and Gold Medal are some form of red.  I have a weak spot for textured finishes because I feel they look fantastic with a topcoat or without, and these guys did NOT disappoint.  I feel like they did so much with a red theme, I love reds!  Right now, Sinful Colors are on sale at Walgreens for 99 cents!  So if you haven't, I suggest you get out there ASAP because all the limited edition shades are included, as well as their Sinful Shine line and even the sticker packs on top of the displays!  I am going back for those stickers this week. :)

-Yadi



 












2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful review!! Thanks for the shout out on Embers Only, but it looks wonderful on you! And Gogo Girl...I was deciding between that and Embers Only. I love it on you! It's so juicy-looking. And Ruby Glisten with the top coat is another winner! I picked up Hot Chili, which I think is right up there with Peppered Amazon in the way of impressive. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you! :) Ruby Glisten is one of my favorites at this point too! Can't wait to see Hot Chili on you, missed your posts all week! <3

      Delete