Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pure Ice Sparks Fly & Crimson: My 'Murica Mani!


Hi guys, I have another patriotic set of polishes to share with you today!  This time they are by Pure Ice: Sparks Fly and Crimson.  Let's go have a look:
Pure Ice Sparks Fly over Pure Ice Crimson
I started with two layers of Pure Ice Crimson.  Crimson is a shade I had never come across before and purchased from the current Fourth of July display at Walmart, but I am not certain it is new.  It is a super shimmery, almost metallic crimson red.  It has a bit of a shift in the shimmer, so it can look magenta or orange depending on the light, it's so pretty!
Pure Ice Crimson
 Please excuse the rough looking finish, I skipped the basecoat before I realized how unforgiving this shade would be to imperfections.  I added a thin coat of Seche Vite in an attempt to smooth it out but it didn't really help.  Anyways, it didn't matter for today's mani but just a heads up: you probably want to use a ridge-filler if you want a picture perfectly smooth finish with this shade alone.  


Next comes Pure Ice Sparks Fly, a mix of blue microglitter with silver-copper normal sized hex glitter and scattered holo stars.  This is also in this year's Fourth of July display at Walmart, BUT! I picked mine up last year so this is definitely not a new shade.
Pure Ice Sparks Fly
The stars are really sparse, I was only able to fish one out, which you can see on my ring finger.  What you see here is one coat, topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite.



So what do you guys think?  I don't think this will make it to the actual holiday on my nails, but it's still a cute patriotic combo.  I paid $1.99 for each of these polishes at Walmart.  

-Yadi




4 comments: