Sunday, June 22, 2014

My 'Murica Mani: Independence Day Jelly Sandwich

*Nothing to disclose*

Hello my pretties!  I hope everyone is having a phenomenal weekend.  I am getting ready to go spend some time with the family, which is always exciting but exhausting.  We are a very cheerful bunch so our family reunions usually turn out to be a bit on the loud side, a lot on the fun side, you know what I mean?  Anyways, I just wanted to share my awesome nails with you today before all that goes down.  I gotta say, I am very excited to actually go show them off! :)  
Independence Day Nails

As you guys know, I am on a Fourth of July high for the next couple of weeks.  The muses hit me with inspiration yesterday, which was pretty awesome since it hadn't really happened since the end of last year, lol.  Anyways, I wanted a jelly sandwich of stars and stripes, so I looked through my stash and came up with this: 

Does this scream 'Murica to you?  I started with Sinful Colors basecoat, then a coat of Revlon Royal (discontinued) except on my ring finger; on that one I jused L'oreal Jolly Lolly, which I am holding in these pictures.  I added one coat of L'oreal Miss Pixie to the blues and a second of Lolly Jolly to the ring finger.  Both of these polishes unfortunately were from a limited edition collection that L'oreal put out last year, so they are no longer available at drug stores but I have seen them pop up at Big Lots.  I then fished some stars out from Wet N Wild The Star of the Show (limited edition) over the blue nails, and added Sally Hansen's In the Spotlight (discontinued) bars to my ring finger.  Then I added one last coat of the jellies and finished it off with a coat of Seche Vite.


So what do you guys think?  I should apologize for using 5/5 discontinued or LE polishes, I will try to look for available alternatives soon because I am sure I have at least a few for each, but this is how my inspiration came to me so I had to honor the the muses, ya know?

Happy Sunday guys!

-Yadi


6 comments: