Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mermaid's Tale by Sally Hansen (Mermaid Week!)


Who doesn't love mermaid stories?  When I was about six years old, I went to Disneyland for the first time.  My mom had told me we would go on a submarine ride to see mermaids and their treasure, I was so excited I (felt as if I) couldn't sleep for days with anticipation!  When we were there and I finally looked out that sub's window, I wanted to cry: I had clearly been fooled and the things before us were nothing but mechanical robots and fake treasure!  I was a big girl about it and didn't cry or ask any questions, but I was SO disappointed when I saw the whole farce unfold before my eyes.  Disappointed in myself and in my family for falling for it, because they were just having a blast. 

Now, I am not looking to start any mermaid controversy or burst anyone's bubble at this point, but I will tell you the next mermaid-related-polish will be no disappointment to anyone:   Sally Hansen's Mermaid's Tale.




It's a navy blue jelly base with small blue and regular sized blue/teal hex glitter.  What can I say?  This stuff is magical and everyone needs some magic in their life, so I say go get it!  I am wearing three coats here under a coat of Seche Vite.

The application was phenomenal, I was so happy to see it added to the permanent display at Target for about $7


Do you believe in mermaids? ;)

-Yadi

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! That story was hilarious. :) Hey, now you can go see Ariel? :D Your pics are great! I have this polish and really like it. I have decided to buy all the polishes with "mermaid" in the name I can find. I mean, why all the mermaid polishes?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it's funny to look back to it, and yes! This spring we are taking my 4 year old, I am conflicted about building up her expectations LOL!! You know, you are onto something here with the mermaid polishes, maybe because they seem to appeal to everyone!

    ReplyDelete