Thursday, May 22, 2014

FingerPaints Kozmotology and Salon Perfect Bermuda Baby

Hi guys, how's the wacky weather in your neck of the woods this week?  Here in California (Central Valley) we got a nice little break from the scalding heat last week brought us (seriously, triple digits already!) and we got down to the low 80's, which is... you know, spring weather.  Today we're back to the mid 90's though, who knows what's in store for the official summer... yikes!

Anyways, today I have a pair of beauties to share with you, so I'll get to it!
FingerPaints Kozmotology over Salon Perfect Bermuda Baby



Last week I found myself strolling through the Wally World (aka Walmart) and spotted this aqua beauty with an electric blue shimmer... it was love at first site!  So, I will start with it, Salon Perfect Bermuda Baby.


Salon Perfect Bermuda Baby
I was initially disappointed, the electric blue shimmer in the bottle does not transfer to the nail, and to top it off, it dries matte, which means it dries super fast... which means I had a horrible time applying it and was literally unable to make ONE nail look smooth after two coats, pictured here. 
Salon Perfect Bermuda Baby
Fortunately, I *still* loved the aqua, it has a neon quality to it and even without the shimmer it is like nothing in my collection, so I decided to try and make it look tidy by adding a coat of NYC Grand Central Station.

Salon Perfect Bermuda Baby, with topcoat
As you can see, it helped a bit... but the bubbly spots were still visible even with topcoat.

Not to worry though, because I had actually planned on wearing it as a base for my brand spanking new FingerPaints Kozmotology!  Gosh, can I tell you guys off the bat I am in love with this combo?  Here it is.
FingerPaints Kozmotology
I dabbed two coats of Kozmotology over Bermuda Baby.  Kozmotology is a combination of black, white, red, yellow and light blue hexagonal matte glitter suspended in a clear base (...and breath!).  I topped it all off with a thick coat of Seche Vite.

FingerPaints Kozmotology over Salon Perfect Bermuda Baby

So what did you guys think?  I purchased FingerPaints Kozmotology at Walmart for $3.99 and FingerPaints Kozmotology at Sally's Beauty Supply, also for $3.99


Happy Thursday everyone!

-Yadi

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yadi! I live over in the east coast and the weather has finally been pretty great - it's warm and breezy! I love this polish combo but I absolutely love that glitter. I need to get myself some FingerPaints Kozmotology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Noriandee and welcome! I am glad to see the weather is nice on the other side of the country! I absolutely love these last glitters FIngerPaints came out with and I haven't been able to get my hands on Three's a Party, I am hunting it down! Good luck and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete