Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sinful Colors Holiday Wishes Collection

*Purchased by me*

Hi guys!  I hope everyone is having a great morning.  We have a stomach bug here, courtesy of my child's 47 student Kindergarten class.  Just kidding, they are actually off this week on fall break, so I have no idea where this is coming from, but it's no fun!  We had planned on taking my daughter and nieces to Chuck & Cheese today, but clearly that is not happening anymore.  I guess there is always the weekend, we'll see how we feel tomorrow.  Today I have the Holiday Wishes... collection from Sinful Colors to share with you.  This collection is made up of eight shades that are either re-promotes or part of the core line, so no new shades for us today.  However, the shades that are included are pretty awesome and there is a ton of layering potential among them, but don't take my word for it, let's go check them out!
Sinful Colors Holiday Wishes collection
The first shade I have for you from this collection is Sinful Colors Ice Blue, a sheer blue shimmer.  I don't think this shade is thick enough to wear alone, so I layered it over Sinful Colors Endless Blue in an effort to keep all the shades within this collection for the pictures below.  You are looking at one coat of Ice Blue over SC Endless Blue, no topcoat.
Sinful Colors Ice Blue
Next up is a Sinful Colors classic: Sinful Colors Cinderella.  Cinderella is part of the core line, and it is a sheer baby blue jelly with iridescent pink glass flecks.  You guys, when I say sheer, I mean sheer, sheer.  You are looking at four thin coats (to allow faster drying) topped with a coat of Seche Vite topcoat. 
Sinful Colors Cinderella
As you can see, there is still some VNL there, but it doesn't really bother me, and I don't mind the layering because it really lets that shimmer shine through.  Definitely not something I would wear if I was in a hurry though.
The third shade I have for you from this collection is another core line shade, Sinful Colors All About You.  All About You is a mix of gold and copper small shard glitter suspended in a clear base.  You are looking at one thick coat over SC Cinderella and under a layer of topcoat.
Sinful Colors All About You
Next up is Sinful Colors Super Star, a mix of tiny blue micro-glitter and small purple glitter.  I am wearing three coats here, no topcoat.
Sinful Colors Super Star
The next shade I have for you is Sinful Colors Gilded, a clear base with gold micro-glitter and small red glitter.  It is a re-promote from the 2013 holiday collection, I had previously shared it with you guys here.  This time I am wearing one coat over SC Gold Medal, no topcoat.
Sinful Colors Gilded
The next shade is another re-promote from one of last year's Holiday collection, this is Ice Dream.  I am not 100% certain, but I believe this shade was also adopted to the Walgreens Sinful Colors core line, I am pretty sure I see it there on a regular basis.  This shade is gorgeous!  I love the way it looks layered, but I LOOOOOVE the way it looks on it's own.  Here it is at three coats, no topcoat.
Sinful Colors Ice Dream, no topcoat
As you can see, there is a bit of a texture going on here.  It kind of reminds me a little of SC Black Magic in that it has a little bit of a texture when it dries.
Of course, I also applied one thick coat of Seche Vite topcoat to smooth it out and make it shiney! 
Sinful Colors Ice Dream, with topcoat
 Check out the sparkle-factor, I don't know which finish I like best!
The next shade I have for you is Sinful Colors Gold Medal, I had previously shared it here.  I can't seem to avoid those bubbles with this one!  You are looking at two coats, no topcoat.
Sinful Colors Gold Medal
The last color in this collection is Sinful Colors Endless Blue, which seems to be another staple in these displays SC puts together.  I had previously shared it here and here.  You are looking at two coats, no topcoat.
Sinful Colors Endless Blue
So there they are guys.  What do you think?  Although I haven't seen this display at Walgreens, you might be able to pick up most of these shades there since none of them are new and belong to the core display anyways to take advantage of the 99 cent sale. :)
 
Happy Thursday everybody!
-Yadi 

PS: Don't forget to enter my mini give-away for a bottle of Prosecco at the end of this post!

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors! On another note, for those in your family that did not get sick, try drinking 100% grape juice for 3-4 days( about 2-3 cups a day). I heard it works wonders for keeping the stomach bug from spreading like wildfire through your family. I hope he feels better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am SO trying that tonight, I love grape juice so this will be the perfect excuse to indulge :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cinderella is one of my favorite polishes! I don't wear it enough because I tend to get lazy about the layers, hehe. Thank you! <3

      Delete