Sunday, January 5, 2014

Blue Persuasion by Sinful Colors

Greetings my polish loving friends!  I am super excited to share today's post with you guys, a gorgeous textured polish by my favorite brand, Sinful Colors, check it out!
Sinful Colors Blue Persuasion, with topcoat
Sinful Colors Blue Persuasion, no topcoat





I had planned on sharing the entire line in one post, but... I went ice skating with my friend last weekend for the first time!  We had a fantastic time, but the cold and the impact was bad news for my nails and I broke one on my fifth landing or so.  I will probably share the rest of this collection in a future post, but I figured I should give today's shade a post on it's own in the meantime, since I got to swatch it first.


Blue Persuasion is a dark denim blue textured polish with scattered lavender glitter.  I am wearing two coats for all swatches.  I added two coats of Seche Vite to achieve a glossy look.

I really like Sinful Colors' textured polishes, it seems to me like the gritty texture is a little tidier and less inconvenient than their competitor's, although to be honest, I would go as far as saying that my favorite thing about textured polishes in general is the depth they take once you add a topcoat and make them glossy.  I think of all the textured polishes I own, my favorite looks have been with the "wet" look.  

I love this color so much!  I have a weak spot for blues, but this one in particular is simply gorgeous, it also reminds me of the night sky... I must not be very imaginative because I know I have used this description in the past but it's the first thing that comes to my mind!  :)

I bought this at Rite Aid for $2.99, and although they have been out for a while, most of my local stores have pretty full displays.  Definitely worth it, they are the most affordable textured polishes I have come across and dare I say it: the best.

-Yadi

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful :)

    I like this kind of shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is really unique and versatile, it's like owning two bottles when a shade looks so different on it's own than with topcoat :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! But I like it more without a top coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As with most textured finishes, I can't make up my mind which I prefer. I usually go for the topcoat for durability, but I don't know which I like best!

      Delete
  3. I wondered how these looked...and this is lovely! (Especially with top coat :D) Leave it to the Empress of Sinful Colors to make this look gorgie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 I do love me some Sinful Colors, it's easy to justify the purchase when the price is the same price as a bottle of water! :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh this one is super pretty. Sadly I think I missed this collection and have not seen it at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that is a real bummer, one of my Rite Aids *still* has a couple of each left! I felt the emptiness with your favs post & Red-io Active! :(

      Delete