Friday, September 27, 2013

SpaRitual Running with Wolves / China Glaze Boo-Gie Down

I suffer from dermatitis.  When I am stressed out (which I am!), the skin on my hands gets super dry, flaky and starts to crack... there is nothing I can do but moisturize and wait it out, so my apologies for my yucky, dry, blistery skin.

I am not usually drawn to metallic colors, but what can I do if it's autumn and I have quite a few beauties waiting for their own chance to shine in my isolated little stay at home mom world?  Well, bring it to the internet of course!

I have a confession, I almost feel guilty to say it because I am so lucky... but here we go.  My nail polish buddy in real life, is my husband.  There, I said it.  He LOVES my nail polish hobby... so much so, that he finances it entirely!  In any case, HE is a fan of metallics.  I was feeling a bit uninspired today and he chose this next shade for me, isn't it neat?

First off, we have SpaRitual Running with Wolves.  It is a metallic copper, very pigmented, two layers were all it took, take a look!






I don't like what these ultra warm colors do to my skin, so my apologies, I tried to adjust the photos to make the polish true to color and ended up with this ashy tone in my skin, oh well.

As I scratched my head thinking of a way to make this polish work for my pictures (because I don't want to wait until there is sunlight tomorrow, I am a night swatcher after all!), I saw my new China Glaze Boo-Gie Down and thought: "what a great combo!"

Well, great combo: YES.  But I feel like I will have to do a double post today; I am not happy with the end result on me, it doesn't work with my skin.

However I have to say the polishes are fantastic, and they work really good with each other... I wish them luck but I am not feeling satisfied.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment