Sunday, July 20, 2014

Bonita Too Cute To Spook

*Purchased by me*

Hello my pretties!  Have you guys ran into the new Bonita Salon Halloween Collection yet?  I was pretty surprised to see the displays in freakin' July!  Don't get me wrong, I am ALL ABOUT Halloween, I am not complaining at all!  I was just a bit surprised to see it considering the holiday is still three months out.  I'm guessing the people over at Bonita are big fans too, because not only is there an entire Halloween collection available at this point, but I also saw a Halloween four-pack which included a glow-in-the-dark shade.  I should mention this four-pack I saw was not from their "Salon" line!  Bonita is a new brand to me, so I am not sure about the different polish lines they have out, but my experience with the two "Salon" line polishes I have was pretty much perfection, so I decided to close my eyes and grab a color from the Halloween display.  Seriously, they are all pretty much amazing and it was literally impossible for me to choose a favorite.

The polish I ended up with was "Too Cute To Spook", and here it is!
Bonita Too Cute To Spook

Too Cute To Spook is a very interesting and bright maroon red with tons of silver shimmer.  No, seriously... this stuff is so packed with shimmer it borders on metallic, especially without a topcoat.  I decided to wear this before swatching it over the weekend right before going out, I was in a hurry and had expected the base and finish to be more like Glitzy Heels, but to my surprise it was nothing like!  I found the formula to be very thick in comparison, and the shimmer particles made the brush miss-behave in that it made the bristles spread out and I ended up getting it all over my cuticles.  So, not the smartest move on my part, I was initially disappointed and I think I caught myself pouting because I found the finish dull and uneven, but upon a second application I think I changed my mind. 

Bonita Too Cute To Spook, no topcoat
I actually like it now, especially after a thick coat of Seche Vite topcoat.  It is not the easiest formula to work with, so be prepared to take your time to apply ultra carefully or perhaps spend some time with cuticle clean-up.  If you are lazy about clean-up like me, perhaps applying before a shower will do the trick.  :)


What do y'all think?  All in all, I think it's a good and very unique shade.  I paid $2.49 at Rite Aid, and will probably be back for some more of this collection in the next few weeks because they are all so pretty.

Have a great week guys, and I will see you next time!

-Yadi

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like the shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely very unique, I don't have any like!

      Delete
  2. I really like this polish!
    I think the color is so unique and your nails look beautiful 
    Thanks for sharing this post with us <3

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, you are such a sweetheart! <3 I'm glad you liked this, thank you for stopping by!

      Delete