Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bonita Glitzy Heels

*Purchased by me*

Hello my pretties, I have a fantabulous polish to share with you today: Glitzy Heels by Bonita Salon.  I saw the display at Rite Aid a couple of months ago but had pretty much ignored it because I was waiting for a sale.  Wellp, no sales so far!  I broke down and picked up a couple of shades after reading my girl Phoebe's review of this line over at Glimpses of the Moon, and I am so happy I did!  I am going to share my favorite of the two with you guys today: Glitzy Heels.
Bonita Glitzy Heels
Now, you guys know there is a warm, soft spot in my heart for the fuchsias and magentas of the nail polish world.  Glitzy Heels is a bright, shimmery magenta crelly.  I almost want to say jelly because it is SO squishy, but it's not really sheer.  The formula was pretty much a dream, no streaks and it applied like butter!  I am wearing two coats for the pictures today, topped with a coat of Seche Vite.
Bonita Glitzy Heels
So what do you guys think?  I bought this for $2.50 wich seems like a steal for such a pretty color and well behaved formula.


I hope everyone is enjoying the official start of summer!  This has been a tough one for us, our AC unit decided to blow it's last burst of fresh air on us last month and our AC guy is away for a couple more weeks, so we will have to "weather" the weather until he returns, if you know what I mean.  The underlying problem is that our AC unit isn't big enough for our house, which was built at the peak of the housing bubble so it was thrown together pretty hastily and cheaply.  The first time this happened was the summer after we moved in almost five years ago.  I called around and got quotes for $1500 by the first guy, $600 by the next... but the third guy said he could fix it for about $250, so we went with him.  We ended up paying a total of  $230 and he has been our AC guy ever since because our unit burns something new every summer!  Anyways, the thing is that I don't want to spend the extra 400-ish dollars to fix it now vs. waiting for him to get back, so...  it looks like we'll be spending a lot of time in the pool and sipping on (possibly hard) lemonade the next few days under the valley sun.  :)
Hope you guys are staying cool and safe, until next time!! 


-Yadi







4 comments:

  1. Wow this color rocks- it was one of the ones that has been missing from the displays in my area since it was first released so I wasn't able to pick it up- but it's gorgeous. Thx for the shout-out mamacita :) Have you seen the two new Bonita displays with a total of 14 new polishes? =p Review upcoming, I couldn't resist. That's a major bummer about your a/c! It sounds like you have a few ways to stay cool, but still- stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you are welcome! lol. I saw two new displays on top of the one that this came from, one of them was a Halloween theme and the other one had more pastel-leaning shades, I'm wondering if those are it in a condensed display? They are busy pumping out so many and they all look so pretty. Can't wait to see your swatches!

      Delete
  2. I hope you've gotten your AC issues fixed! Getting through summer without air conditioning can be unbearable! If your repair guy does pronounce this unit as "dead", perhaps getting a unit that is better suited to your house would be the best way to go. You’d be more comfortable, and it would be more efficient than this one. Either way, stay cool!

    Shelley Coday @ C&C Heating and Air Conditioning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley, thank you for stopping by! Luckily my AC got fixed a few days after this post, which makes me so happy because we will have 97 degrees today, so it's still AC weather! :)

      Delete