Wednesday, October 29, 2014

China Glaze The Giver Collection Swatches

 *Purchased by me*

Hello there my pretties!  I am a little bit giddy as I type this post.  You know how sometimes life becomes awesome on all fronts for no apparent reason?  I am going through one of those phases right now.  Things have just been going really well for me and what started as a super crappy year has turned into a memorably awesome one, to say the least.  You guys, I went back to work last week, after five years!  Ahhh, it feels so good, I feel like my makeup has a purpose each morning when I get ready for work!  LOL!  Anyways, I am technically on a 30-day probation, so I hope I am not jinxing myself by sharing this now because I really like it, but I am feeling pretty confident one week in.  I'll let you guys know if I passed probation it in about three weeks!

The collection I am sharing with you guys today, I have been figuratively sitting on since this summer!  I had initially thought about passing a few of these shades up, but now I am SO happy I got them, because I also got a ton of lashes!  Sally's was running an offer where you got a free pair of Ardell lashes with the purchase of two China Glaze polishes at the time.

Anyways, here is the China Glaze The Giver collection!!!
China Glaze The Giver
I'm starting off with my current favorite from this collection.  I say this because I had shared History of the World before, which was my favorite at that time.  Anyways, you are looking at three coats, plus topcoat.
China Glaze Boundary of Memory
The other glitter in this collection is The Outer Edge, which is white and iridescent glitters suspended in a clear base.  You are looking at two thin coats over Giver's Theme (swatches below!) and topcoat.
China Glaze The Outer Edge
Okay guys, I am going to get down to business.  When it comes to the cremes in this collection, the application was pretty consistent across the board.  I applied two coats of each for all pictures below.
China Glaze Intelligence, Integrity and Courage
China Glaze Community
China Glaze Capacity To See Beyond
China Glaze Giver's Theme
China Glaze Seeing Red
China Glaze Five Rules
China Glaze Friends Forever, Right?
China Glaze New Birth
China Glaze Release
China Glaze History Of The World
 
So what are your thoughts on this collection?  I loved it!  The fact that these shades are mostly safe-for-work neutrals makes them my go-to collection these days.

I hope you all are having a fantastic week, until next time!
-Yadi

14 comments:

  1. fantastic shades my favourite is'the outer edge' and 'boundary of memory'
    Have a nice week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Outer Edge is great, something different - great layering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Boundary of Memory the most, The Outer Edge is also fine, but I regret there's so many cremes in this collection. You're right, they are safe-for-work, but I'd like to have here some glassfecks and shimmers ;) and from these cremes... i think Seeing Red is my favorite. it's so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing Red is probably one of my favorite reds right now! I think the All Aboard collection that came out around the same time had the nicer shimmers, you are right this is like a neutral creme party zone :) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. every single one is amazing.. but i would chose chocolate one to match up with my bday cake for tomorrow !
    have a nice evening !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I skipped buying most of these because I have so many cremes, but the more swatches I see, the more I want to go back and get some more of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I know exactly what you mean! It took me around four trips to Sally's before I had every shade here, first I only grabbed the glitters, then the darks, then the neutrals... lol

      Delete
  6. wow I love all these shades!
    Favorites are: The Outer Edge and Release <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Release is like something out of a dream, I have been wearing it to work with a shimmer topper :) Thank you Julia!

      Delete
  7. My favourites are Boundary of Memory and History Of The World. Great swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. History of the World was the first I picked up, it's so lovely! Thank you Cindy! <3

      Delete