Sunday, March 9, 2014

New Sinful Colors Mod Mod World Swatches


 Holy Smokes... Sinful Colors is on a roll!  I was at my local Walgreens and came upon a ginormous display labeled Mod Mod World by Sinful Colors.  It houses the collections I posted here and here, plus four new shades that I snagged up and will share with you tonight, so let's get to it, yeah? 

Sinful Colors Mod Mod World

I am starting off with Pink Happy Thoughts, which caught my eye right off the bat because of the need for pink I've experienced lately.   Pink Happy Thoughts is a neon fuchsia pink crelly.  I had a a bit of trouble with the application on this one, it was on the gloopy side so the finish wasn't the squishy goodness I was expecting because I couldn't apply it evenly.

Sinful Colors Pink Happy Thoughts
I am wearing three coats, topped with a coat of Seche Vite to even it out and it worked, but I can see some shrinking.  I only used topcoat on this shade out of the four today.  I also had a pretty hard time with the photos for Pink Happy Thoughts for some reason, my camera warmed them up to a coral-like soft pink, but I guess that is more of an apology from me to you if the images are a wee bit off, and not a reflection of this polish! :)

 Next up is On The Bright Side, a bright egg-yolk yellow creme.
Sinful Colors On The Bright Side
I was pleasantly surprised with On The Bright Side, it applied streaky at first but evened out after the third coat.  I don't mind layering up, especially the yellows and this is a really pretty one!  I am wearing four coats for the pictures today, three would have been perfectly okay but that fourth was an added measure for the lens.  It does oxidize as it dries and turns a little darker than it looks in the bottle, but I don't really have a problem with that in this case because I actually like the orange tint it picks up, kinda makes my skin not look dead like a normal yellow would.


 The next shade I want to share is this here pretty blue jelly: All Day And All Bright.  I am wearing three coats for these pictures today.
All Day And All Bright
Wellp, let's address this royal blue situation with Sinful Colors for a minute.  I love them, don't get me wrong, the proof is in the fact that I own three that are pretty dead-on dupes of each other, the other two being Endless Blue and Most Sinful (from the Sinful Shine line).  But really, Sinful Colors, baby... yer killing me here!  I love you but I need more  new new shades in my life, please send more my way!

 Last we have Bright Lights Pink City, a bright orange jelly.
Sinful Colors Bright Lights Pink City
This is what I'm talking about!  I looked through my entire collection and I don't own anything quite like this shade, Sinful Colors or other brands.  I love that! ;)   I am wearing three coats of Bright Lights Pink City for these pictures, it was a really smooth application, although I am not crazy about what it does to my skin tone.

So what do you guys think?  Sinful Colors retail for $1.99 each so it's really hard to fight the urge and reject a dupe, I feel I need it in the name of complete collections and I just... can't... say... NO!  That might be my 2015 resolution, but I hope it doesn't come to that... (Sinful Colors: I'm looking at you!) 

-Yadi


12 comments:

  1. ¡Qué colores tan llamativos! Recuerdan al verano :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es verdad, se estan adelantando una estacion pero es un cambio refrescante con todas las colecciones pasteles tipicas de primavera. Me gustan todos, los necesito todos de todas formas. Palabras sabias amiga, "TODOS LOS ESMALTES SON POCOS"!!!!!!! :) Gracias por pasar, un abrazo!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful swatches, the colors all look so vibrant and delicious! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie, they are indeed very vibrant, they seem to predispose me to a good day, so cheerful! :)

      Delete
  3. Love that polishes! One of the best brands ever!
    I like the yellow one the most:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited about the yellow one the most too! I had gotten a bad formula on my last yellow but this one was perfect! Nice, well behaved yellows are so hard to come by! :)

      Delete
  4. Am I the only one confused by the name Bright Lights PINK City on an orange jelly? Am I missing something here? :P Whatever the secret joke is...I really like it on you, even if it's orange!! But that pink looks fantasmic on you. <3 Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No my friend, you are not and I can't belive I didn't mention that! I had to check maybe three, four times the name in the display and then the name on the bottle, then another bottle, then another... it went on for a while. -.- I am not sure about the name, I am thinking that if there was a "pink" city where all the walls are pink, the area around "yellow" lights might look orange? Sinful Colors has been known to troll us with names so it might just be that way because they like to keep us talking about them! :)

      Delete
  5. wow, these colours cover your nails beautifully!
    I really love the yellow one ;)

    Xx Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Julia! <3 They really are pretty and that yellow really is something special to me, I think it's going to get some use for Easter!

      Delete
  6. I saw the display as well and got giddy :) But decided to pass because I had just ordered a bunch of Chinaglazes. But these look freaking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amey :) Ah yes... the tough decisions in life, too many pretty polishes out on the market at once! China Glaze keeps bringing me up and down, I just got the Sea Goddess collection and all is good right now! :) Can't wait to see what you ordered!

      Delete