Saturday, February 15, 2014

FingerPaints Kaleidoscope Collection Swatches (Picture Heavy!)


Hi guys, I hope everyone had a fun and love filled Valentine's!  Mine was, I had been waiting for season two of House Of Cards for so long that it was really nice to be glued to the couch all day watching it with the hubby while my mom watched our daughter.  Cheese aside, I also want to apologize for being away so long.  I started skating again and it's been really tough on my chronic couch-potato booty, I have been going to bed super early so it has been hard to make time to blog with all this sleeping I am doing at night instead, blah... boring!  I need to shuffle my schedule a bit, so I will most likely be posting during the -day- in the next few weeks (gasp!), while my body adjusts.

Okay, back to the reason I am here: Flakies!  So many flakies!!  I found the new Kaleidoscope Collection at Sally's, which actually includes a black creme that I passed on, and I have the five flakies included in it here for you today.  So without further ado, I bring you the flakies in FingerPaints' Kaleidoscope Collection:
FingerPaints Kaleidoscope Collection
 For all the photos below, I am wearing one coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black as a base, two coats of each polish, and one coat of Seche Vite topcoat.
 
The first polish in this collection is actually my favorite: Colorful Dream.  It is very appropriately named, because it reflects pastel versions of ALL THE COLORS!
FingerPaints Colorful Dream

Here is a matte Colorful Dream, after adding a coat of NYC Matte About You topcoat.

Second, we have Abstract Attraction, which has blue and purple flakies.
FingerPaints Abstract Attraction

Here it is under NYC Matte About You.

Next up is Symmetrical Symphony, which has blue, yellow and a tad of pink.
FingerPaints Symmetrical Symphony

Here it is under a coat of NYC Matte About You.
The next shade is Vivid Reflection, which has purple, orange and pink flakies.
FingerPaints Vivid Reflection
 ... and here it is with a coat of NYC Matte About You topcoat.

Last in today's post is Psychedelic Hue, a green and blue flakie.

FingerPaints Psychedelic Hue


Here it is under a coat of NYC Matte About You.


Final thoughts:  Okay guys, I'm going to be real honest here, but please bear with me for a minute.  I know there has been some disappointment surrounding this collection, particularly from those who were exposed to the magical spectacle of lights that the Special Effects Collection from 2011 seem to have been ( are?).  I do not own any of those, unfortunately... they never landed in my area and I wasn't as hardcore a collector to go hunt them down at the time.  MISTAKE!  I know, but unless (or until?) someone wants to throw one my way to make a more objective comparison, my opinions on this collection are based on what I have on my hands today, and not how these shades compare to the previous collection. 

Disclaimer out of the way, I LOVED them!  There, I said it.  I loved Every. Single. Shade.  I am happy I bought them all and I have NO RAGRETS! (We're the Millers was awesome!).  I purchased these at Sally's last week, they running a BOGO free offer on their entire stock of FingerPaints through the month of Feb, which is a pretty sweet deal.  You will probably be seeing a lot more of them around here because I am totally addicted!

-Yadi


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, they really are, I kept Colorful Dream on for three days, which is pretty much unheard of, lol.

      Delete
  2. Finger Paints are great! A few of these kinda match your blog's background, & could make a pretty cool galaxy mani!! I esp love Colorful Dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You are right! Each one represents a different corner of the background, lol! I actually used the collage for my facebook page! Colorful Dream was my favorite too!

      Delete