Friday, January 3, 2014

Sally Hansen Cherry on Top

Hello my lacquer-head brethren, today I have another gorgeous Sally Hansen Glitter to share with you guys, are you ready?
Sally Hansen Cherry on Top

Cherry on Top is a clear base with a different sized blue, teal and fuchsia glitter.  To me it seems super-duper similar to OPI's Polka.com, alas, I don't own Polka.com so I'm not 100% on it... it's definitely on that same vibe though. 
The formula for this polish was great, I applied two coats over a base color for all pictures without any issues, really.  Then I topped it all off with Seche Vite.
Side note: I used one of my favorite off-whites as a base -OPI Skull and Glossbones- and I just wanted to take a minute and give this shade her own little moment of glory.  It's so simple and such a pretty color, here is a picture of it alone.
OPI Skull & Glossbones
Okay, so I bought Cherry on Top at Walgreens, they are still BOGO 1/2 off through the weekend for the SH Complete Salon Manicure line +1000 points with their rewards card.

Happy polishing!

-Yadi

8 comments:

  1. Love this glitter! I've been so impressed by the Complete Salon manicure range lately. It's so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think this line is what put Sally Hansen on my radar, these last two sets of glitters they put out are pretty amazing!

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm yummy! I have Polka.Com and this does indeed look like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was waiting for a sale to get Polka.com, I guess it's settled now!

      Delete
  3. Wow!
    Those sparkles look amazing in combination with the white background ;)
    OPI Skull & Glossbones looks just so pretty on your nails!

    Thanks for sharing this with us
    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Julia <3 I think my favorite part of Skull & Glossbones is that it doesn't make my skin look as yellow as the cleaner whites do, and they certainly make the pastels look very whimsical! Thank you for reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Great swatch. I love glitter like this, but what's the best way to remove it? I always have such a hard time that it turns me off of actually applying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katherine, I just use 100% acetone and a cotton ball for this one, it's not as stubborn as normal metallic glitter so that was enough for this shade. For the really tough metallic glitter, I use the foil method shown here by The Sparkle Queen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0dXnhqnQSU . Hope it helps!!

      Delete