Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sally Hansen Midnight Glitz

I'll start with my personal bit of bad news: I broke a nail last night.  I did all I could to save it -as evidenced by the crazy glue all over my fingers- but this baby was beyond a tea bag repair, alas, I have nubs again for the next couple of weeks.  However!  I went a little bananas swatching over the weekend, so my nail length will be inconsistent in the next few posts, because I am more excited about some polishes than others, and I didn't swatch in order. :(

Okay, let's move on to the fun stuff!  Today I have another lovely polish by Sally Hansen to share: Midnight Glitz. 

Sally Hansen Midnight Glitz



 Midnight Glitz has a clear base with small and medium sized matte black glitter, large hex gold glitter and small scattered holos.



I started with three coats of Sally Hansen's Barracuda, then used a make-up sponge to add Midnight Glitz to the (oh so tiny!) tips.


I love it!  It has a very delicate quality to it, which is odd since it's such a black dominant glitter bomb, perhaps the holos?  I feel like a princess!


FYI: This seems to be a dupe for Julep's Beatrix, thanks to thepolishobsessed.com for the heads up!

What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. I broke a nail yesterday too;(
    But I love that look:) Especially the glitter:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am sorry your nail broke too. They say misery loves company but I feel double pain when it happens to someone else too, boooo! Hopefully they'll grow back out in no time :)

      Delete
  2. This looks great! And I love that Barracuda! <3 I'm sorry about your dearly departed nail...maybe it will grow back quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hopeful it will grow back out soon, the real struggle is to not break them again! :) Barracuda is such a happy color isn't it? Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. I like this design! It looks very cute on your nails!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like glitter tips, it's my favorite way of wearing glitter! Thank you :)

      Delete